Error: Failed to open USB port :(

Zen

Still having major probs here. I've downloaded the pc-link software on two pc's but when I test it I get 'Failed to open usb port' on both pc's

I am beginning to get annoyed :(

We are running Win XP Pro here.

Can someone help please?

btw, the usb ports do work fine as I run a usb printer, scanner and digicam

Thanks

Hi. Yep I did that. After much messing around and swearing I got the pc-link to work.. well.. now and again.

I authenticated, then attempted to install the launcher.

I downloaded it fine. but It won't install. I keep getting errors and 'communication error'

I assume I select 'install a file' off the pc-link menu and select the launcher?? - well thats what I've been doing. and it won't have it.

Frankly, if I'm going to have to fight with it to install everything and to get things working, then theres a VERY good chance its going to sit on a shelf collecting dust.

I have a Sony Clie palm and installing files on that is childs play compared with this bloody thing.

:( miffed

Thanks for the help.

I just deleted my usb drivers and had Win XP Pro reinstall them, then after a reset it worked. wohoo!! (funny though!)

Anyway, I now have the launcher running and just tried out my first game (pinball dreams demo)

WOW!!!!!!!! The sound is sweet and the gfx, bloody hell. I am SOOOOOOOOOOO impressed :D

Now.. wheres my C64 game cd ;)

Back