Exult Help

semyaza

Website
www.freesoftwarelinks.co.uk
Thought I'd start this thread here as the other threads are in gerneal...hope that's ok. These are the ones I found

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=29374
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=26249

First of all, Is exult still being worked on?

My problem is the same as in those threads above in that I get a blank screen after selecting the game. I have only started on Blackgate for to start with. I have the EA collection cd (great quadruple sized cd case with 1 cd and flimsy manual) which I bought a very long time ago. It has Blackgate and Serpent Isle plus the expansions.

I unzipped the ultima7.zip and copied the files into exult/blackgate. I start up exult and I have disabled the intro and also the first scene, as suggested in posts above. I then select Black gate and get a blank screen...left it for a few minutes too. So then I thought I'd see if it was missing sound so I got the sound packs and added those. Start Exult and now Blackgate has a sound icon next to it..pretty cool so it knows it's there. But again after selecting just a blank screen.

Would love some help and would love to see this running.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Gate works fine here, but I've got the same problem with Serpent Isle :unsure:

There seems to be different versions with different files. I dont have the version with the gamedat directory with the files listed in one of the listed threads. I shall try serpent isle later....just wanted to play them in order.

Wohoo!!! Sucess. I found out my problem. Seems I was pulling out the SD card too early. Linux file writing I always found weird on media...even on the old floppies. When I safely removed the card it popped up a message saying it timed out whilst removing. At this point I was pulling the card out. But it seems it was still writing so I just waited until the light stopped flashing on the card slot...didnt see it flashing before.

Looks really good.

Back