F-200 Faulty Stylus

seubz

Still Fresh
Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask the people who bought the new F-200 something about the stylus. I received my F-200 which looks nice and does its job, and I didn't really use the stylus as it wasn't really needed for what I was playing. I have a problem with it thoug, it looks like it's missing a part. I can make it long by pulling one of its side, no problem. But when I unscrew the part, it doesn't look like any of the pictures I can see on the net. The cone shape at the extremity of the pen is simply missing. All I have is that ugly looking screw-like ending with a small hole. I think there used to be a micro black ball in it which obviously fell out (or inside) as it wasn't really fixed or anything. A picture might help to make you understand what I mean, I just want to understand if I have done something wrong or if any of you got the same problem.

Thank you !
Sébastien.

Seubz said:
Hello everybody,

I'd like to ask the people who bought the new F-200 something about the stylus. I received my F-200 which looks nice and does its job, and I didn't really use the stylus as it wasn't really needed for what I was playing. I have a problem with it thoug, it looks like it's missing a part. I can make it long by pulling one of its side, no problem. But when I unscrew the part, it doesn't look like any of the pictures I can see on the net. The cone shape at the extremity of the pen is simply missing. All I have is that ugly looking screw-like ending with a small hole. I think there used to be a micro black ball in it which obviously fell out (or inside) as it wasn't really fixed or anything. A picture might help to make you understand what I mean, I just want to understand if I have done something wrong or if any of you got the same problem.

Thank you !
Sébastien.

Yes you have a bit missing - its just a kind of metal (I think) pin with a rounded off head on it - nothing so fancy as a ball point I am afraid!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toady said:
Yes you have a bit missing - its just a kind of metal (I think) pin with a rounded off head on it - nothing so fancy as a ball point I am afraid!
Argh. I guess I'll have to buy another one then... as sending it to playasia and receiving it will cost me too much for something I can get anywhere - won't be able to attach it to my GP2X though :/

Thanks for your answer,
Sébastien

Email Play Asia with a photo of the stylus, and they should send you a replacement. Just make it clear that you won't want to send the full unit back (unless you have a dead pixel or anything, then this would be a good opportunity to have it replaced :p)

Nova said:
Email Play Asia with a photo of the stylus, and they should send you a replacement. Just make it clear that you won't want to send the full unit back (unless you have a dead pixel or anything, then this would be a good opportunity to have it replaced :p)
Thanks I'll do that !

funny...i didn't realize what that ball was for. i guess it'd be more accurate. i was using the more phallic end :p

rokdcasbah said:
funny...i didn't realize what that ball was for. i guess it'd be more accurate. i was using the more phallic end :p
The little black point (on the end you have to unscrew) feels a bit too jagged to the touch so i don't use it (I'm afraid it will scratch my screen), so I always use the rounded metal end instead and it works great!

And those sharp screw threads are dangerously close to the end. I think if you hold the stylus too slanted the screw threads could scratch the screen.
I use an all plastic stylus that I had from an old Palm Pilot.

I had the same problem with a stylus as decribe at the beginning. I found a realy good solution. If you have lost your plastic ending of the stulus you can replace it with the plastic ending of the dart :) The diameter is exactly the same. I replace it with white ending so it is similar to the colour of the F200.

Could always pick up replacement Nintendo DS stylus' or other PDA stylus can get them off e-bay cheap and after all it's not like they have to slot in anywhere on the F200

Back