Face-off: Pandora Vs. Wiz Release Date, Round 2!

Which console will be officially released to the public first?

• Pandora

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frogboy

Wake me when it's over.
Website
Visit site
Pandora got a definitive victory in round 1 but things have changed a little since then. Both consoles are calling for a February release date at the moment. Pandora looks like it may even slip to early March and that's if everything goes according to plan. Of course, we probably have no idea what the progress is on the Wiz side of the equation since they don't update us quite as frequently as the Pandora team does so there might not be any way of knowing if they will face any further delays.

So what do you think now? Who will win the decision in round 2?

I voted Wiz. I've lost faith in the Pandora team (shame about my name, isn't it :p ). I cancelled my order, and that was before I knew they'd be delayed past december.

We need a Wiz icon.

gp32_console :gp2x :pandora1: ......

Bummer. I'm still holding on but I really hope they don't get delayed again. I'm sure that I would enjoy the Wiz and may pick one up one of these days when I have some extra cash lying around but really want all of the extra capabilities that Pandora will have.

That is ironic about the name (and somewhat comical). It'll be funny if you end up being a hardcore Wiz guy. :)

Yeah, they probably could use a Wiz icon.

^ Well, that's always a good point. ^

The Wiz actually exists (beyond the bloody devboard stage).

pandora said:
I voted Wiz. I've lost faith in the Pandora team (shame about my name, isn't it :p ). I cancelled my order, and that was before I knew they'd be delayed past december.

We need a Wiz icon.
gp32_console :gp2x :pandora1: ......

How about this
wiz.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very pretty.
You made it? Great job :)

I'll make a thread in 'suggestions' with your permission.

Peter R said:
based on the fact i have two Wizzes myself alone, i'm more inclined to say the wiz.
Ahh, but we still can't buy one. I agree though. I've voted Wiz in round one as well because of the fact that they pretty much had the hardware ready. I have a feeling that Wiz is going to take round 2.

Alex. said:
How about this
wiz.gif
I like it. They should add that to the smilies.

If an admin sees this, can you close the Round 1 poll? Thanks

pandora said:
That's very pretty.
You made it? Great job :)

I'll make a thread in 'suggestions' with your permission.
Sure, go for it thanks :)

On the first one I voted Wiz (right after reading about a delay for it), and now I'm voting Pandora (because I think it will be further delayed). Not sure what the purpose of me doing this is, but I hope I'm right.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The reason Game Park Holdings split from Game Park was because they wanted to make the next generation GP32 into a commercial gaming handheld instead of an open source PMP. The main people behind the GP32 knew this was suicide, broke off and formed GPH and put out the GP2X. Game Park, who had very few of their original devs left quickly faded into obscurity before they ever even released the XGP. It's a shame that they tried to go that route because judging by the choice of controls, mainly the dpad, I probably would've gone with the XGP had it been released and an open platform like the GP2X.

You could argue that both the Pandora and the Wiz can't be successful and one of the companies will end up going under but I doubt that anyone here will agree with you. We kind of think that both can exist together and be successful.

Back