Failed To Open Usb Port...

Vampyros

Still Fresh
Hello i have had my GP32 for a few months now and have had no problems with it, but when i tried to add some games to it today it came up with an error. I plugged the GP32 into my computer via the usb port and clicked on the PC Link-Host as usual and when it asks to set it to pc link mode i did but when i click ok it comes up with 'Failed to open USB Port' Does anyone know what the problem is? I have checked all the Game Park USB drivers and they are functioning correctly is there somthing wrong with my GP32?

sometimes I have this error, but only when I didnt turn my GP32 of before inserting the usb-cable into my GP32...

Did it work after restarting your computer?

Yes, i have just installed a new update thingy if thats whats done it? Can't remember if i've tried it since then...

use gpdrive. in my area they dont even sell smc readers anymore, they sell card readers which read like 7 different types fo cards and it costs like $40. make sure you press select after using gpdrive cuz it will stop working until u restart yur computer. o and plug the cable in after starting the gpdrive program.

I had this problem before. I solved it by completely removing PC-Link and the Drivers and then reinstalling them.

Lethe: Whoa, that is expensive! I can get a seven-in-one-reader for less than 10€. I use GPDrive though, that's a great program!

Hello its me again. I was just wondering where i can get GPDrive? I have searched your site and can't find it anywhere and have also checked google. Also do i need to uninstall my Gamepark Usb drivers and the old PC Link?

The file in that topic claims to be a .fxe though and i can't send .fxe's to my GP32 because of the TCP error. Also after downloading it the .zip file doesn't work. It claims to be either broken or part of a Multi-Volume Archive.

Tip to people:

This usually works in all situations:

Restart computer
Turn off GP
Plug USB into GP
Plug USB into PC
Go into (Official) PC-LINK on GP
Use Official Manager
If that doesn't work check smc

If that doesn't work:
Check drivers
Check cable