FBA/Next etc..?

andyhamer

I've just done a quick search and can't find any announcements that anyone is working on this yet.. have i missed something? or is there still no dev activity on this despite the pledges (incl myself £25)

Surely it is a better alternative than the current Mame builds we have (no disrespect to the devs concerned intended) with their flimsy at best, rom support.

Apparently, the source code is a real clusterfuck. Skeezix has had FBA experience, but his clock's ticking; his wife's what, seven months pregnant by now?

I am also surprised nobody has jumped on this. I would have added to this bounty if not for my current employment status. I would love to see this happen. But, regardless of the bounty, I am sure it will become a reality sooner or later.

As I recall the bounty is for the current version of FBA, for which the original developers don't even maintain a Linux version, and it looks like it is dependent on DirectX 8 (optionally DirectX 9). So making it work in Linux (even x86) is not likely to be a trivial task.

Edit: Additionally, it seems that every x86 version of FBA (even old Linux versions) have some x86 assembly code that would have to be rewritten for it to work on ARM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back