Fba Wiz Cache Files

geise69

OK I never had a problem with cache files on the gp2x. For this version of fba though I can't get some games to work with the cache files. I know the .fba files just go in the roms folder. The cache files are working correctly for Guwange and a couple other games. My real question is the .fba files and neogeo games. Do the cache files work with the neogeo games. I have yet to get any of them to work. The games that I have been trying are art of fighting 3 and kof2003. The cache files dump fine but it will not load the game. Has anyone been able to get these games to work in FBA? Any help is greatly appreciated.

All the Neo Geo games I've tried in Final Burn worked with cache, I haven't tried the games you listed though, but I play these games that required cache, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Puzzle Bobble 2, Shock Troopers and Waku Waku 7. All work great.

Did you remember to to delete the rom file after you created the cache? Once you have the *.fba file that's all you need to have in the rom folder. If you still have the old roms *.zip file it won't work.

Yeah, thanks that worked! I forgot you couldn't have the roms .zip file when you had the .fba file in the roms folder. Thanks again.

Hey Guys

What games are supported with this current version of FBA any PGM games?

Could someone post a list of the supported please?

MiOdd said:
All the Neo Geo games I've tried in Final Burn worked with cache, I haven't tried the games you listed though, but I play these games that required cache, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Puzzle Bobble 2, Shock Troopers and Waku Waku 7. All work great.

Did you remember to to delete the rom file after you created the cache? Once you have the *.fba file that's all you need to have in the rom folder. If you still have the old roms *.zip file it won't work.

Sorry to say this but i don't see any .fba file!
Every time i dump them it always say <not found> on the files when he dump!

Last edited by a moderator:
kyo saebaDX said:

Then you are doing something wrong... I believe in order to use the cache tool correctly you will need to have a sub-directory called "roms" in the same path as the fbacache.exe. Place the original rom in the roms folder and try running fbacache again. Don't reference the sub-directory though, just execute "fbacache -d mslug.zip" for example.

MiOdd said:
kyo saebaDX said:

Then you are doing something wrong... I believe in order to use the cache tool correctly you will need to have a sub-directory called "roms" in the same path as the fbacache.exe. Place the original rom in the roms folder and try running fbacache again. Don't reference the sub-directory though, just execute "fbacache -d mslug.zip" for example.

Sorry bit is still doing the same thing!
I give you an example by this image! On hyper street fighter 2
cmd.jpg

Sorry about the language! Some words are in Portuguese!

After doing this it say the dump is ok but i don't see any file appear!

It is saying (not found) over and over because, well, it can't find the roms. My best guess is the rom you are using is still in the wrong place or its simply a bad romset. Try downloading the rom from another source.

Also, just out of curiosity open the zip file for the rom and see if those files are there "hs2a.04", "hs2.05", "hs2.06".. etc

If they aren't there then you know right away the rom you downloaded is a different format then the emulator supports. My only suggestion would be to try downloading the rom from another source.

MiOdd said:
It is saying (not found) over and over because, well, it can't find the roms. My best guess is the rom you are using is still in the wrong place or its simply a bad romset. Try downloading the rom from another source.

Also, just out of curiosity open the zip file for the rom and see if those files are there "hs2a.04", "hs2.05", "hs2.06".. etc

If they aren't there then you know right away the rom you downloaded is a different format then the emulator supports. My only suggestion would be to try downloading the rom from another source.

Hmmm i see!
By the way, do you have any page to download them in particular? ^^

kyo saebaDX said:

Forum rules forbid me from linking to any rom sites. However, I think I'm allowed to say, google "romnation" ;)

MiOdd said:
kyo saebaDX said:

Forum rules forbid me from linking to any rom sites. However, I think I'm allowed to say, google "romnation" ;)

Ah ok and i respect that! ^^
Thanks for the tip! ^^

Back