Release FBReader (re)build

keek

I build the FBReader e-book reader. See http://fbreader.org for more info. The PND is on the repo:

http://repo.openpand...il&app=FBReader

There was already a pnd of FBReader available. My version:

• does not write to the nand, but only to the appdata/FBReader directory. Just drop e-book files in this directory, and FBReader will find them.
  • enables the "network library" so you can search and download many books from within the reader.

Known small bug: using the search function in the network library, I sometimes get a "Something went wrong" message, even though the search results are there. Most likely one of the sites is not returning the correct response. If you figure out which one, let me know and I will disable it in the default options.

I hope it is useful, and let me know if anything does not work!

Hey First, it seems like Japanese support does not work (sorry for the delay but I only got my Pandora back recently). I checked with several files and it just displays character codes but not the real characters - can you check again if something is not wrong ?

Am I the only one who can hear a buzzing noise while the reader is showing text ? I can hear it very well in a silent room...

It happen only with text, if I go to a page with ONLY images the sound suddenly stops and reappear slowly when I'm scrolling to a text page...

Even Coolreader do exactly the same thing !! I tried only with ePubs books by the way

Last edited by a moderator:
I found that using a darker background the noise is diminishing... 

I don't know, if I close the lid the noise goes away entirely, but if I turn down lcd brightness until it's black the noise is still there...

damn... it's really an issue for me, I just can't concentrate with that background sound  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember that noise, too, but I haven't used FBreader in a while so I don't know exactly. Did strike me as odd, though. And was not impacted by the volume wheel.

Back