Fenix Games With Yafl 0.3

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

Today I wanted to update my "permanent SMC" with a few programs (new emus, replace games etc). However, a few games wouldn't work. These games are all the fenix games I tried to pu on. It complains about a runtime error.

the runtime reports this on boot up:

Fenix DCB path: \GPMM\Fission :)
DCB file: Fission :) .DCB

and then I get the error:

FENIX RUNTIME ERROR 1
Error al abrir FISSION :) .DCB

note the smileys. There's a small smiley displayed everywhere, which I assume f00cks up the booting process.

However, this problem ONLY occurs on Fenix games that don't have a splashcreen, as MAX ghostpix works fine.

Is there a fix for YaFL available or an updated (working) fenix runtime that doesn't suffer from this error? I tried using the latest one from the chameleon game and renaming it to fenix.rte, but all games refused to work

any help would be appreciated

Horscht

Sorry for makking a new post, but I figured other people have the same problem. So I decided to make a new post so the people that already checked this topic can see that there's news.

I found a rather easy fix for it.

All you have to do, is make the important filenames 8 characters long.

lets take the Minigame Project for example. These are the files contained that are important
Code:
GPMM
------mp.fxe
------MP
---------mp.dcb

now in order to get this game to work in YaFl, we have to rename the fxe, the game folder and the dcb file to a name that is 8 characters long.

Code:
GPMM
------miniproj.fxe
------miniproj
---------------miniproj.dcb

This way the minigame project starts. I tried it with several fenix games, and all work with this trick. If the game has a splashsreen that is in png format (dunno, might be jpeg, too), you have to rename that, too.

Back