Fenix Games With Yafl 0.3

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Hi

Today I wanted to update my "permanent SMC" with a few programs (new emus, replace games etc). However, a few games wouldn't work. These games are all the fenix games I tried to pu on. It complains about a runtime error.

the runtime reports this on boot up:

Fenix DCB path: \GPMM\Fission :)
DCB file: Fission :) .DCB

and then I get the error:

FENIX RUNTIME ERROR 1
Error al abrir FISSION :) .DCB

note the smileys. There's a small smiley displayed everywhere, which I assume f00cks up the booting process.

However, this problem ONLY occurs on Fenix games that don't have a splashcreen, as MAX ghostpix works fine.

Is there a fix for YaFL available or an updated (working) fenix runtime that doesn't suffer from this error? I tried using the latest one from the chameleon game and renaming it to fenix.rte, but all games refused to work

any help would be appreciated

Horscht

Horscht

Banned?
Website
Visit site
Sorry for makking a new post, but I figured other people have the same problem. So I decided to make a new post so the people that already checked this topic can see that there's news.

I found a rather easy fix for it.

All you have to do, is make the important filenames 8 characters long.

lets take the Minigame Project for example. These are the files contained that are important
Code:
GPMM
------mp.fxe
------MP
---------mp.dcb

now in order to get this game to work in YaFl, we have to rename the fxe, the game folder and the dcb file to a name that is 8 characters long.

Code:
GPMM
------miniproj.fxe
------miniproj
---------------miniproj.dcb

This way the minigame project starts. I tried it with several fenix games, and all work with this trick. If the game has a splashsreen that is in png format (dunno, might be jpeg, too), you have to rename that, too.