GP32 Fenix To Gp32

Bampt

Website
nextadventures.webs.com
I have a new problem now, when I start my game in W32 it dosen´t make any errors... But when I know want to play it on my Gp32 the error "Fenix runtime error 1 bitmap_new..."
This error apears after displaying the logo when the main game starts.
The error appeared some time ago then I changed the "game.fxe" on my Gp32
and the error didn´t came back until I played the game so far till an error occured cause I didn´t unload the main scroll map and didn´t stoped the scroll before restarting when the game starts new after a game over...
How to solve this problem??

I mean I got an error "runtime error 1 bitmap_new:sin_memora_en_calloc(240,2)"
which I don´t get when I run my game under Windows. The error apears when I initialize the level (scroll map,scroll and structures)

But I didn´t change anything on the bitmap size which I created at start...
The error occured first as i implemented sounds in my game, then i changed the mygame.fxe with the 133 Mhz mygame.fxe version then it worked, but now this won´t help anymore. When the sound where placed and i evaded this error I didn´t add anything in the game and the error appeared again...
I dont know what to do... Had anyone some trouble like this??? Please reply!

I now found out something really strange...
I now don´t created an image for the level i just loaded it from the fpg. When I copied the dcb on my Gp32
the game seems to work first but it is an older version of it wich I made 6 days ago , some processes which are new aren´t there , it is as if fenix saved the previous version of my game in memory and plays it even if i changed the dcb.
Then something more strange happened as i deleted the whole folder of my game from my gp32 and then added the game again the error mentioned above(bitmap_new...)appeared again.

You are using to much of the gp32s limited ram. If you add sounds/musics/graphics, more ram will be used.

That is why it is running on your pc (it should have *slightly* more ram than your gp32.

Look that you are loading everything just once into memory.
Or try to make your fpg 8bit to make it smaller.

As for your your strange things: Maybe you changed another file (wav/fpg) and forgot to copy that, too.

But mayne I`m not getting this right.
You are german, if I remember correctly, so pm me your question in germand, maybe I can help you then. :D

Bampt posted on May 30 2005 at 09:23 PM said:
I now found out something really strange...
I now don´t created an image for the level i just loaded it from the fpg. When I copied the dcb on my Gp32
the game seems to work first but it is an older version of it wich I made 6 days ago , some processes which are new aren´t there , it is as if fenix saved the previous version of my game in memory and plays it even if i changed the dcb.
Then something more strange happened as i deleted the whole folder of my game from my gp32 and then added the game again the error mentioned above(bitmap_new...)appeared again.

Interesting that you shhould say that, I'm sure I've experienced this "memory effect" before.

I don't really have any suggestions to help you, but I've been having lots of unexplained problems that don't happen on PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back