Fenix Wip Tutorial Chapter 1

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is - the boring tutorial ;)
Chapter 1, 100% codefree... okay, I PROMISE we'll actually start coding in the next chapter.

In this one, you learn about Processes, Functions and Variables.

The http-Part of my server seems to be down right now - anyways, I uploaded it and it should be available in a few minutes.

Get it here!

Hey, I'm getting multiple rendering problems with that pdf because I apparently don't have the font that I need to display it correctly. A lot of words are showing up as dots instead of words...

Me too;

'Cannot create or find font "BAAAAA+Verdana-Bold" '

Hey, I'm getting multiple rendering problems with that pdf because I apparently don't have the font that I need to display it correctly. A lot of words are showing up as dots instead of words...

you could try searching for a pack of commonly used fonts... it doesn't open at all for me... i'm gonna reboot and try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious; I though pdf's included the fonts.. perhaps thats an option in Acrobat (the generator). I also cannot view it fwiw :)

jeff

Whoops - same problem for me... and I SHOULD have the fonts on my harddisk.
I only used Verdana, so this should work.
Looks like there's a bug in the new OpenOffice.org Beta :)

I'll fix it ASAP!

EDIT: FIXED!

Now... bed-time... it's almost 5am here and I need to get to work soon :/

Very nice chapter again, though you might need to be more specific if you are talking about a process or an instance of a process. That is quite confusing sometimes.

Very nice chapter again, though you might need to be more specific if you are talking about a process or an instance of a process. That is quite confusing sometimes.

Thanks.
I'll try to to improve the chapter.
Although it surely gets easier from the next chapter on, since we start coding then :)

Last edited:
I must say, Fenix is much more approachable than C++ (for me, at least)

Great job, Dragon ... looking forward to the next chapter! :D

Its a really nice tutorial.

I read through your 1st pdf yesterday morning and got all the stuff downloaded.

Did the hello world thing then grabbed the .prg for the pang type game and ported it to GP32 after modifying the controls.

I then added sound.

I'm not a programmer and I dont speak spanish. So I'm quite pleased with myself.

Thanks Evildragon.

I might make the next killer app tonight :)

Did the hello world thing then grabbed the .prg for the pang type game and ported it to GP32 after modifying the controls.

I then added sound.

I'm not a programmer and I dont speak spanish. So I'm quite pleased with myself.

Thanks Evildragon.

Very cool :)
I didn't think the tutorial would make us that many new coders :)
Cool :)

Last edited:

I then added sound.

Thanks Evildragon.

Very cool :)
I didn't think the tutorial would make us that many new coders :)
Cool :)

HELP HELP HELP

this looks fun but the server is down :D

sPaCe :ph34r:

EvilDragon posted on Feb 26 2005 at 08:41 AM said:
Cool down ;)
I'm already uploading all the stuff to my new server ;)

i was just being dramatic!! :D it breaks the boredom

Im cool B)

sPaCe :ph34r:

so when exactly is the nxt chaptor due as im very keen on your tutorials as i cant understand any other tutorials that are made for fenix.

thx evildragon keep up the good work

some time fast I hope. But EvilDragon pointed out some time ago he would have some time to spend on it in his upcoming holiday in a few weeks. So a few weeks at most :)

Back