Fgb32 Problem / Any Other Gbc Emu's?

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been playing a lot of RPG's recently for Gameboy Color on my PC Emulator, when I got my gp32 I decided to transfer the .sav's and start playing them on Ryleh (is that spelled right ;) ) emulator. It was working fine but now all of a sudden all my save files are gone. I don't know if its from a bad SMC or if it's something with the emulator. If its the emu then are there any other good GBC emu's that work as well. fGB has been perect up until now. Any help is appreciated!

- Tekt5

Sorry man, it's the emu. Rlyeh created this emu some time ago and the saves are done not through name but by number (which is why the saves are a bunch of #'s). Anyway, adding or removing roms erases previous saves, or something along those lines. There IS a thread out there explaining how to keep your saves, but you must have them backed up. If you dig a bit, you might find it...

hope that was helpful, sorry to hear about your saves

I believe it's a known bug in fgb. Basically when you add gb new roms your saves get messed up. There's a work-around I saw in one of the pinned threads on the help forum I think.

Another good gb emu is gpvgb 0.11. It's very old, and the sound is scratchy at times (worse in some games, better in others) and it only has SRAM saves. But it works pretty well for many games.

There isn't a really great gb emu yet on gp32. imo.

ok thanks guys.. i'll just keep my savs backed up from now on untill a
fixed version of fGB is released

Actually, there is a re-compiled Fgb emu out there somewhere ... though I honestly haven't seen any difference from Rlyeh's version ...

Back