Fgen New Beta Today !!

Dalto

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
According to Googles translation of a GP32 Spain news post it would appear that a public fGen32 beta may be released today.

Has anyone who can actually read spanish seen this?

If so, can you can confirm that is what it says?

That would be absolutely awesome!! anyone who speaks good spanish willing to comment?

Rlyeh has said to me in primicia that today same, throughout the day, will make the last beta public of fGen32. In this beta z80 has still not implemented the sound, since it says that it needs more time to purify it as it must, but works as a shot to 133Mhz and is even VERY compatible (good, already you will see it) to stay to as much...

This is the computer translation I got. If anybody reads Spanish could they please translate this since mine is obviously not very good. :rolleyes:

diablo2 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
who said that?
is that a reliable source
It was posted on the news on www.gp32spain.com. You can check it out for yourself.

I hope it comes out soon. I have been couting the moments until I could finally play Michael Jackson's Moonwalker at full speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
ebowers posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:17 AM said:
diablo2 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
who said that?
is that a reliable source
It was posted on the news on www.gp32spain.com. You can check it out for yourself.

I hope it comes out soon. I have been couting the moments until I could finally play Michael Jackson's Moonwalker at full speed.
It says that there is still no sound though, I can wait for Z80 and sound.

craigix posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:19 AM said:
There is sound in Fgen now, has been for a good while.

I'll say nothing more ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com
I was just going by this translation ". In this beta z80 has still not implemented the sound" that was in his post. Non-Z80 sound doesn't really count as nost games need Z80 for sound.

DaveC posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:22 AM said:
craigix posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:19 AM said:
There is sound in Fgen now, has been for a good while.

I'll say nothing more ;)

-Craig

www.gbax.com
I was just going by this translation ". In this beta z80 has still not implemented the sound" that was in his post. Non-Z80 sound doesn't really count as nost games need Z80 for sound.
By sound he's reffering to the sound produced by the m68k cpu. Games like sonic, shinobi and a few others have sound without the z80. I was hoping for a release with the z80 oh well maybe next time :)

Also the translation says the "last public beta" I hope that means "latest" not last public beta.

Finally it says compatibility is much improved but the compatibility is only as good as fdave's cyclone core unless rlyeh has been improving that??? Otherwise the compatibility will be the same as the private beta.

Oh and ebowers Michael Jacksons moonwalker doesn't work unfortunately and if it did it needs z80 for sound which is half the games appeal :D

Well, when giving out the last private beta, he said he'll soon make it public :)
So I guess it's right :)

Just to tease you a bit:

The latest beta I have (few days old) works fantastic!

Sonic 1 with sound, 0 frameskip, 100% speed at 166 MHz :)

Most games playable with 133MHz flawlessly (fs1 :))

Load / Save works without any problems.

A LOT of games run!

Pirates! Gold now works fine (yay :))
Even Sonic & Knuckles on Sonic 2 works :)

Finally, the text scrolling bug (seen in some RPGs like Soleil / Crusader of the Centy, The story of Thor, etc.) is gone :)

So... HAVE FUN :)

Anarchy announces a new public beta for today.
the new z80 sound code isnt implemented yet, will be in next releases, but NOW the emulator runs very very well with 133 mhz and his ompatibility list its more and more high.
stay on all the day =)

muse69 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 11:01 AM said:
i hope it will have the save support :D
It does. I have a previous private beta with animated save states. Very cool stuff indeed :D

finty101 posted on Jul 1 2004 at 12:12 PM said:
Cool, report back what its like if anyone gets it!

Also what are animated save's?
Short animated clips of the action that was going on at the time of the save state....cool, because it kind of reminds you what you were doing ATM.

sWeet.

What's the current status of the Genesis/MD emus? Last time I checked it was nearly full speed without sound. Have I missed much?

01/07/2004 - fGen32 disponible hoy mismo
Rlyeh me ha dicho en primicia que hoy mismo, a lo largo del día, hará pública la última beta del fGen32. En esta beta no ha implementado aún el sonido z80, ya que dice que necesita más tiempo para depurarlo como es debido, pero funciona como un tiro incluso a 133Mhz y es MUY compatible (bueno, ya lo veréis)

A mantenerse al tanto...

My Translation:

Ryleh has told me that today, later in the day, the latest fGen32 beta will become public. In this beta the z80 sound has NOT been implemented, he says that he needs more time to make it work as it should, but it functions well at 133Mhz and is very compatible (well, you shall see).

Not an exact translation but i hope it gives you the jist.

Back