Fill me in guys,

JDUK

Website
Visit site
Hi again, haven't been here much in the last 3 weeks what with lots of work, a panic about loosing my uni place, rebuilding my DC collection, modding my DC case(some might have seen me on dcemulation.com), going away for a few days and a whole bunch of other stuff......

Whats been going on ? Im hearing about this hoax MD/Genesis emu?
How you all getting on with the new movie park replacment?
Any big games or emus out over the past 3 weeks?
Nice to hear about gbax.com and lik-sag sponsering the UK meet :D

Any way it's nice to be back I'll be updating all my GP software tonight and if i can pull my self away from Megaman Battle network 3 and Grandia 2 i should have a good weekend GP32 gaming :)

There is a new version of LittleJohn
A new version of GPdoom that runs fullspeed with sound and midi
Some new homebrew games, (GPchess and Gforce)
And a new fake Genesis emu
icon8.gif

Yell at me if I forgot anything

Last edited by a moderator:
you are going to have to yell louder than that. ;)

Craig did an overclocking experiment on the GP32emu boards. Almost all GP32s can run at 156 or 166MHz safely (basically, until they crash) without any overheating at all. He also updated Doom a couple times. Due to an oversight, previous versions ran at only 40MHz!

Little John v0.3: 60 FPS NES emulation w/sound! A couple games are a bit slower (40~45 FPS for Punch-Out!! and Kirby's Adventure), but it's otherwise perfect.

GPCinema was released, and runs DivX 4.12 and XviD movies at 15 FPS (and 20 FPS at the 150 MHz setting). Gamepark's license for MoviePark expires today IIRC.

rcx21000 released a chess program with some tricky AI (can anyone win at Level 4!?!)

Team Icon released the freeware game Fire & Fire, a Space Invaders-style shooter from an isometric perspective, where you use a single archer to hold off an entire opposing army (or die trying). An update with internet ranking should come soon.

Team Eternity put up a site for their new commercial title, Goddess Saga. It's a strategic RPG (think FF Tactics) with perhaps the best graphics on the GP32 to date. It'll be released late 2003, but probably only in Korean.

And then there was the _counter fiasco, which spawned not one, but two of the longest threads in forum history, and brought a record 100 members to the board simultaneously (70 of those people were _counter's alter egos, though). I hear that 10 of them have signed up to work on a Neo-Geo "emulater". It's already 30% done!:

"I am not nathan(aka _counter)
we use the same computer in the apartment lobby along with alot of other people.Main reason there hooked up to a cable line, now lets get to bisnass(spelled improperly for a reason).
Since im a bit mad at nathan for giving me a dud file of his so called emulater i will try to do the immposible with a little... with alot of help we could get it to run metal slug 1-X yep youve geussed it a neo-geo emulater.
do i have any helpers"

More "updates" as they "happen" here and here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back