(naw)mcx

Rotary Wombat
Website
www.godlikemcx.deviantart.com
24x2ww8.jpg

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/

(naw)mcx said:

[/quote]
Image doesn't show? I'm not sure MW likes direct links to the photo's, something about site traffic limits. May be better to just link to his album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't hotlink to MWeston's photobucket or else it goes over the bandwidth limit.

dsc01642v.jpg

Edit: added battery case, found by wejp:
battcase.jpg

Edit: assembled top:
dsc01663dw.jpg

Edit: completed Pandora (so that they're all on the front page)
dsc01715f.jpg

Alec  said:
Please don't hotlink to MWeston's photobucket or else it goes over the bandwidth limit.

dsc01642v.jpg

Nice. It looks great.

Damn you, beating me by a few seconds. That's what I get for not just posting an empty thread and then editing content in. ;)

Vorporeal said:
Damn you, beating me by a few seconds. That's what I get for not just posting an empty thread and then editing content in. ;)

Nope, it was there.

Just. Invisible.

For some reason.

(fuck the homework I'm meant to be doing, I'm giddy as hell.)

Great :) I assume it passed inspection and is ready for MP? Is there more to test/measure?

i thought it was said that the case would be matte like that of the dsi?
i could be wrong, might the be way the pic was taken, but that looks pretty shiny to me?

gibberish said:
i could be wrong, might the be way the pic was taken, but that looks pretty shiny to me?

There is a finishing process that has to be done to the injection molded parts before they look like that. They weren't sure if these samples would have that done to them or not, and it looks like they didn't. Don't worry though, the MP cases should have the matte finish. :D

Vorporeal said:
gibberish said:

There is a finishing process that has to be done to the injection molded parts before they look like that. They weren't sure if these samples would have that done to them or not, and it looks like they didn't. Don't worry though, the MP cases should have the matte finish. :D

these pieces were supposed to have the production matte finish applied to them, or so says the "unofficial blog".
i guess thats the problem, its unofficial.

craigix said:
The first units are shipping TOMORROW. Not thousands, just a few to selected devs and team members.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50789-will-the-pandora-be-finished-and-ship-by-may-of-2010/page__view__findpost__p__782585

I guess that means at least Craig is pretty confident that the all clear will be given, I know it's only to devs but the wording makes it seem that way.

Looks good, hard to get a feel of it from that angle though, eagerly awaiting more photos.

gibberish said:
these pieces were supposed to have the production matte finish applied to them, or so says the "unofficial blog".
i guess thats the problem, its unofficial.
There is no problem with the Community Blog. The info came from ED from the German board.
It should have the finish, which didn't mean that it would have it ;)

Dead1nside said:
craigix said:
The first units are shipping TOMORROW. Not thousands, just a few to selected devs and team members.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50789-will-the-pandora-be-finished-and-ship-by-may-of-2010/page__view__findpost__p__782585

I guess that means at least Craig is pretty confident that the all clear will be given, I know it's only to devs but the wording makes it seem that way.

Looks good, hard to get a feel of it from that angle though, eagerly awaiting more photos.
This is in no way related to the approval, so don't confuse ;)

lidassembled.jpg

I think this is also the first pic in which we can see the wrapping around the monitor cable.

edit, found the missing letters ;)

Is that copper tape the mass production solution to the CE test problem?

greendots said:
Is that copper tape the mass production solution to the CE test problem?

Probably, sticking copper tape on things seems like the done thing to solve CE testing. I have to take some stuff for CE testing next week and was told if it fails I may need to break out the copper tape.

kuru said:
<pic>
I think is is also the first pic in which we can see the wrapping around the monitor cable.
The lid looks nice and solid :)

Back