Beta Firefox 3.6.6

hdonk

Here's Firefox 3.6.6 for anyone that's interested.
It seems not to have the menu lockup problem that the earlier pnd file has on my Pandora.
Enjoy!

Xmarks & NoScript both work ok too.

Edit: Removed link, as now in app store.

cheers, seams to work quite nice ...
anyone knows a way to map the full screen mode (F11) to an other button, like the Pandora or right shoulder button ?

Nice one :D

Does it run completely off the SD Card or does it write some things on the NAND?

EvilDragon said:
Does it run completely off the SD Card or does it write some things on the NAND?
This was in my TODO list to compile just for installing to my rootfs on SD ;P
Sso if you've modified it in some way, tell me before i get baffled with files in wrong places or something (I'm going to take a look after I get home from work).

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
EvilDragon said:
This was in my TODO list to compile just for installing to my rootfs on SD ;P
Sso if you've modified it in some way, tell me before i get baffled with files in wrong places or something (I'm going to take a look after I get home from work).
All I did was get it compiling, then install it over the top of the extracted PND file from the pervious FireFox.pnd release, so all you should have to do is mount the pnd, and copy it to wherever you want in your rootfs.
As it's using the same firefox.sh as the current .pnd file, the settings are being stored in the same place.

i have deleted the appdata for firefox but with ur version it still says 3.6.3 in the about me screen are u sure u compiled the right version? lol dont mean to sound rude :)

milkshake said:
i have deleted the appdata for firefox but with ur version it still says 3.6.3 in the about me screen are u sure u compiled the right version? lol dont mean to sound rude :)
Anything's possible! I'll check when my Pandora releases some cycles from linking QT.

Edit: Whoops, it would indeed appear to be the wrong version running. More investigation needed.
Ouch. Install put the binary in a completely different location than I expected. *sigh*
Apologies to everyone. I've fixed the problem and uploaded the *real* 3.6.6 version to the appstore. And this time I've confirmed 3.6.6 is in the about box. *embarrassment*

This Firefox keeps crashing for me. I don't know why, but everytime I open it and klick on a menueitem it hangs until I kill it manually.

mcobit said:
This Firefox keeps crashing for me. I don't know why, but everytime I open it and klick on a menueitem it hangs until I kill it manually.
I had the exact same problem on the 3.6.3 build, and the 3.6.6 build fixed it. Does the title bar say 'Namoroka' on it?

milkshake said:
mine does, does that mean its not a final version? the 'Namoroka' thing?
I don't know! I built it from the official source package, and that's what came out...

hdonk said:
milkshake said:
I don't know! I built it from the official source package, and that's what came out...

Whe you first run it it says "welcome to namoroka alpha"

Maybe a compile of the stable version would be better.

mcobit said:
hdonk said:
milkshake said:

Whe you first run it it says "welcome to namoroka alpha"

Maybe a compile of the stable version would be better.
I got the source from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.6.6/source/
So if that is an alpha build, I'm surprised.
Also the 'latest' link from the ftp site points to the same place.
So if you can find another release source code, show me!
I assume there are some flags I could set on the build to make it come out without the Alpha/Namoroka tags, but I haven't looked for them... Yet.

http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6.6&os=linux&lang=en-US

could you check if this link leads to the same?

Thank you very much!

mcobit said:
http://www.mozilla.com/products/download.html?product=firefox-3.6.6&os=linux&lang=en-US

could you check if this link leads to the same?

Thank you very much!
Unfortunately those are the binary builds, provided by Mozilla. So no good to us. It's the source that's needed to build for the Pandora.

Namoroka is just another name they use for the beta/alpha version of FireFox. (Just like Minefield back with Firefox 2.0)

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
Namoroka is just another name they use for the beta/alpha version of FireFox. (Just like Minefield back with Firefox 2.0)

-God Ginrai
Yes, except this was built from the 'release' source code, so I don't know why it's built tagged like that. Also 3.6.6 is a release version, not a RC version...

Edit:
I've just found the options to build an 'official' release. I'll kick it off later & repackage.

hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai
Yes, except this was built from the 'release' source code, so I don't know why it's built tagged like that. Also 3.6.6 is a release version, not a RC version...

Edit:
I've just found the options to build an 'official' release. I'll kick it off later & repackage.

When you get a chance, would you be able to look into making a version of the PND that doesn't use the NAND at all? (No symlinks like the current ones use) I want to use Firefox and Fennec, but want all my data to be on the card so that when I remove it, I don't have any related data on my NAND.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Edit:

When you get a chance, would you be able to look into making a version of the PND that doesn't use the NAND at all? (No symlinks like the current ones use) I want to use Firefox and Fennec, but want all my data to be on the card so that when I remove it, I don't have any related data on my NAND.

-God Ginrai
I'd say that's a worthy goal for firefox. I'll add it to the ever growing pile :)

hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:
hdonk said:
God Ginrai said:

-God Ginrai

Edit:

-God Ginrai
I'd say that's a worthy goal for firefox. I'll add it to the ever growing pile :)

Thanks a lot. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Back