Firefox Problems

ljones

Not sure if anyone else here has this problem at all but I can´t seem to get this one fixed! Both versions of firefox from the pandora apps (pnd´s) seem to have this problem. They work fine for a while but then any attempt to use the menus or bookmarks freezes up the entire browser x.x has anyone had this happen at all ?

ljones

Yes, I have this issue too. Looking for a fix or the reason why it does that. Mine will work for a limited time after a reboot again. But on the next start or so it will freeze again.

My firefox had the same problem, but when I got the new firefox pnd it worked fine.

I had the same problem on the original 3.6.3 build, which is why I did the 3.6.6 build. So far I have not seen the problem with the new build. I'm currently trying to compile a version with more optimisations turned on, which may make things better/worse for you.

This may or may not fix it. It fixes a lot of problems with firefox (not saving profiles correctly etc...)

Delete your Firefox appdata
Download and run fennec pnd
Run firefox again

It looks like the release of Firefox relies on something that's done when Fennec is run. They were both packaged by ED so I guess he hasn't noticed.

It would be nice to have a truly portable version of firefox so I didn't loose all my plugins and sessions every time I have to reflash/send my Pandora back.

Pleng said:
This may or may not fix it. It fixes a lot of problems with firefox (not saving profiles correctly etc...)

Delete your Firefox appdata
Download and run fennec pnd
Run firefox again

It looks like the release of Firefox relies on something that's done when Fennec is run. They were both packaged by ED so I guess he hasn't noticed.

It would be nice to have a truly portable version of firefox so I didn't loose all my plugins and sessions every time I have to reflash/send my Pandora back.
The version I am currently packaging up
1) copies your .mozilla directory from your home directory to appdata/firefox.
2) renames .mozilla to .mozilla-old in your home directory
3) runs with appdata/firefox as your home directory - and hence uses .mozilla in the appdata/firefox.
Just give us some time!! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK
I'm posting this via Pandora with this Firefox build.
It was a bit strange running for the first time.
I downloaded the ff3.6.6v2 pnd and tried to execute it from Thunar.
Nothing happened, and I only saw the old Firefox app on the desktop.
Rebooted and there was alot of sd card thrashing, and finally a new FF icon appeared on the desktop.
Ran it, and did help..about, and it showed ver. 3.6.3.
To be sure which version I was running, I deleted the old pnd from the SD.

So, I appear to be running this updated FF.
Seems to be working fine, it kept all my settings and plugins.

My biggest issue with FF, and all the other browsers is that it slows way, way down while downloading files.
I'm assuming this is more of a networking/wifi/software issue not specific to FF.

I'll try some downloading and report back.

Good work on the update!
Thanks,
j.

Update,
Downloading files still slows and stalls, occasionally dropping WiFi altogether, requiring a reset or a reboot. :(

j.pickens said:
My biggest issue with FF, and all the other browsers is that it slows way, way down while downloading files.
I'm assuming this is more of a networking/wifi/software issue not specific to FF.

Not sure that is a browser problem as this does not happen to me when using Chromium or Firefox to download files on Pandora. Sounds more like a WIFI / Router issue to me.

j.pickens said:
I agree.
Trying to figure it out.

Are you able to run Minitube without the slowdown?

Not tried yet, will give it a go and post here, might not be for a few days though as the real world beckons.

Back