Firemware 2.1.0 Ready

Yod4z

it's on the korean page ;)
http://www.gp2x.co.kr/data/data_std_view.a...chk=&direc=
How are you the game park hall ting su is.
The GP2X the F-100 up-to-date firmware 2.1.0 version was updated.
The function improvements to refer to a lower part contents, it wishes.

1. The father thing it peels from the after menu screen, ppak actual condition removal
- It will peel and ppak case all the member economy of actual condition hazard CPU it will grow and from the process which it changes lek 200MHz from 100MHz with it occurs.
- It will grow and lek it removes the process which it converts an actual condition with it peeled and ppak it removed.

2. Armaments player improvement
- It was used plentifully from the Dvd animation back and 120FPS (24/30FPS variable frame confrontation) remaking the eastern image came to be possible.
- Caption Sing where the FPS occurs different eastern image continuous remaking hour with each other khu U kus I solved a problem.
- To be and hour when it sees the point which it remakes compared to from rear section the point the fact that it remakes compared to from some early part in order to remake, it changed.
- While (specially substitution quantity file) remaking it removed the knock-down actual condition which occurs. It used the form test result adapter and 48 hours period knock-down actual condition repetition it was without remade.
- While remaking a XVID file, when starting again remaking after break, it solved the problem where the image cuts.
- The point which eastern image search hour search is started knew and currently the problem where the search is started from the portion back which it starts the point which is in the process of remaking start portion of file or to be it sees it amended.
- It dawns and it will be able to set a preparation price. Set Setting – The LCD while menu or eastern image remaking with the Select button indication it is possible from the test pattern which is possible.

3. myu Jig player improvement
- When remaking the file which is possible is not only one inside the folder, phul (random) it could not go over sourly with music afterwords remaking hour and the problem it solved.
- Inside file ID3 (case nose of the OGG it carried on shoulder, thu) an indication presence it will follow in the case ID3 TAG On/Off option which will have information and it will be able to select.
- To change a repetition method and to the case which will not select a repeat function all files which are inside the folder consecutive and to repeat to remake,, the case present time which will select a repeat function only the file one music which is in the process of remaking in order to repeat, it changed.

4. North leader fringe land
- From existing 5 thing it expanded a north mark with 25 things.
- It increased the size limit of the file which is the possibility of trying to amend the portion where the veterinarian limit which will decrease is caught. Form test result 4MB until level (17 bay lines) it will read and it will come and it will hang and and it confirmed.
- To press the SELECT button and the L, 1000 lines in order to pass over to the case once which with the R (or stick left, right) will pass over a page in order and of moving easily with the point the possibility to be, it changed.

5. UI image type fringe land
- The vocational technician who is prearranged in the next firmware su khin fringe land function it changes the type of the hazard UI image. It is in the process of using in existing and su khin it will not be able to use from 2.1.0 where it listens to.

6. su khin It counts and leyk it sprouts, addition
The GP2X when the whole aspect su khin file it lets to put in the skin folder of NAND, the Setting – The selection and application are possible from Skin set of the System.
Babelfish trad ^^

Guyfawkes posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:30 AM said:
i just uploaded the release to the archive at http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,42,1871

its the download from the korean gp2x homepage but I havent done the upgrade myself yet so upgrade at your own risk.

Yeah I think I'm going to wait a little bit on this and get some more info before I upgrade. I just hope this new firmware doesn't break anything. I am glad to know that it's out and available though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Install in 15 sec. there's 4 effet configurable for the menu pages transitions ^^. There's an clock ajust option that ajust cpu clock within cpu use^^
Ajust brihtness and contrast only for the movieplayer
ID 3 support and 11 optional équalizers

DrMdV5b5 done an black screen when loding a game :(

The whole thing lasted under 20 seconds, and as far as I can tell it didn't break compatibility with anything (at least not with SDL-based games).

The fades are a nice touch (although they don't work when selecting video), but even nicer is the default skin, whose gradients now appear smooth, not broken by the 16bit colour limit. Overall it's definitely a step up in creating a more professional image for GPH.

A word of advice for anyone wanting to upgrade, be sure to put freshly-charged batteries in your GP2X, just to be sure it won't die during flashing :)

- Alex

PS: you know what would make this Friday even better? It starts with P and ends with k!

if u install don't forget to use the patcher afterwards from utils menu.

from what i can see :

some option for powersaving dunno how it works doh u can turn it only on and off
menu transitions which can be configured
skin support, u can probably change skins in the menu itself now (pokeparadox, please update your aurora theme :) )
option to change brightness and contrast in the movie player (it's in the lcd settings menu)
option to choose the character sets
My games still seem to work (they used payerens libs so i guess other will work as well)
The menu crashed once already when trying to run the movie player could be just a one time event
pressing select in the movie player u can change the brightness and contrast on the fly
id3 tags in the audio player (at least there's a button id3 tag)

Gngeo V0.7, PSX4ALL work and Beat2x, supertux, ladykiller, tilmatch, raw, reminiscence, puzzleland, n-tris, falldown, dstroy, blockrage, vektar, taile-tail, sudoku2x, spout, memorygp2x, bubbletrain, barrage work too

did they fix the random crashing problems with mplayer and the image viewer?

Yod4z posted on Oct 20 2006 at 12:49 PM said:
DrMDxV5b7 don't work just stay on the MMU patching screen :(

I heard awhile back that the new FW broke the MMU hack code.

No thanks I will stick with 2.0, I don't need goofy menu fading anyway, I use Gmenu2X ;)

Alex. posted on Oct 20 2006 at 11:47 AM said:
PS: you know what would make this Friday even better? It starts with P and ends with k!

Pork?

DaveC posted on Oct 20 2006 at 08:56 AM said:

No thanks I will stick with 2.0, I don't need goofy menu fading anyway, I use Gmenu2X ;)
It had been, but I heard they fixed it.

DaveC posted on Oct 20 2006 at 08:56 AM said:

It's true, this firmware breaks DrMD, but I just played some Picodrive and GNGeo, and both used the MMU hack, so guess again mugambo :)

You don't know what you're missing ;)

Alex. posted on Oct 20 2006 at 11:47 AM said:
Pork?
Noo?

- Alex

joyrider posted on Oct 20 2006 at 12:58 PM said:
skin support, u can probably change skins in the menu itself now (pokeparadox, please update your aurora theme :) )
Just so you know... you have me confused with someone else... :) I haven't made any themes for GP2X. Although it's nice to see my nick crop up... you know self-confirmation that I exist and people can see my posts and all :lol:

I don't know what they did with this update but my game engine gained a speed increase of 4~6fps out of nowhere I tested it 4 times and the increase in speed is there! Also all of the mmu hacks works for me.

lockwood posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
Do we nead FW 2.10 skins now?

yes since directories and filenames have changed for skins, even mulitple files that were seperated in fw 2.0 are in fw 2.1 in a single file (buttons for example).

I'm trying to figure out where we need to place skins in order for them to show up in the default menu's system menu it seems u can switch but i dunno where to place the skins

starpause posted on Oct 20 2006 at 01:47 PM said:
is there any decrease in boot time with this new firmware?
no

Back