Firmware Flashing Help

DarkAeden

i just followed the instructions to instal aquafish multifw 5.1....installed correctly....then i deleted fw.bin, fw.fxe, bwconf.fxe and conf.zpr...and now my gp32 starts only with the euro firmware and i cannot use pclink....!!!!HOW CAN I DO, PLEASE HELP!!

DarkAeden posted on Jul 16 2004 at 05:54 PM said:
i just followed the instructions to instal aquafish multifw 5.1....installed correctly....then i deleted fw.bin, fw.fxe, bwconf.fxe and conf.zpr...and now my gp32 starts only with the euro firmware and i cannot use pclink....!!!!HOW CAN I DO, PLEASE HELP!!
Push R while booting. Now you're in pacrom which has a pclink function in its main menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
and put gpdrive on your smc which stops you neeeding pclink, has faster transfer rates, allows gp32 to be used as a mass storage device in windows and is just generally better. You can get it from the beta area on the boards i think.

Zenocha: you should always mention, that you need WinXP to use GPdrive/phodrive. Im not sure if it works under W2000, and if there are drivers for 98/95/ME etc...

best bet would be a SMC reader/writer. You can get them pretty cheap (less than 8€/$), and they are inasnyl fast.

first off, i dont think PCLINK works with V5

im not sure why it boots straight into the Euro FW

I assume u have already opened bwconf.fxe which sets up the conf.zpr file

ok, ive already done with pacrom link mode...but how to restore aquafish mw boot loader zodiac style???Because now my gp32 starts directly from euro fw!!!

Back