Fishing Games.

exael posted on May 23 2005 at 07:47 PM said:
the closest thing I can think of is Harvest Moon 2 for the GBC on wish you can ALSO fish :p (besides a lot of other stuff eheh)

Also, there's Legend of the River King 1 & 2 for the GBC ...

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on May 24 2005 at 03:11 AM said:
the closest thing I can think of is Harvest Moon 2 for the GBC on wish you can ALSO fish :p (besides a lot of other stuff eheh)

I always wondered: Is this a fishing game or an RPG?
Worth playing it?

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 24 2005 at 09:40 AM said:

Worth playing it?

It's both. You run around like in Pokemon and have to buy bait. As soon as you start fishing, the you see small fish in the water. When A fish is interested in the bait it'l swim circles (squares actualy :p ) around it, and you have to press a button (IIRC) to start the "sideways-fishing-mode" (name has been invented by me).It's quite fun though, I bought it for 5DM new and sealed. Might still have it (If I haven't sold it yet).

thanks mattmagoo for telling me the right word (man, how could I forget such an easy word?)

alyinsanfran posted on May 24 2005 at 01:50 PM said:
moz posted on May 24 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
jack charltons fishing on spectrum

Interesting, never heard of this title.
I presume it's British, in which case it'd feature coarse fishing?
Must look it up.

You think us Brits are only coarse fishermen????

Na, lots of course fishing in the UK, but also lots of Fly Fishing (scottish salmon! river brown trout, reservoir lake etc.) plus lots of sea fishing!!!!

I am a very keen fly fisher. Last summer we caught fish in the sea (pollock) on the fly!

But as I live in Germany, can any of you Germans tell me if there is much fly fishing here......?

No, didn't think so :huh:

(PS. Jack Charltons fishing was awful, IIRK, but quite fun!!! Has anyone here mentioned the fishing in ocarina of time? That was great!!!!)

:D

Must look it up.
yep fishing in a large pond

lubidog posted on May 24 2005 at 06:32 AM said:

Must look it up.

You think us Brits are only coarse fishermen????

Na, lots of course fishing in the UK, but also lots of Fly Fishing (scottish salmon! river brown trout, reservoir lake etc.) plus lots of sea fishing!!!!

I am a very keen fly fisher. Last summer we caught fish in the sea (pollock) on the fly!

But as I live in Germany, can any of you Germans tell me if there is much fly fishing here......?

No, didn't think so :huh:

(PS. Jack Charltons fishing was awful, IIRK, but quite fun!!! Has anyone here mentioned the fishing in ocarina of time? That was great!!!!)

:D

Yeah I know there's a good range of fishing options in the UK, but I'm particularly interested in coarse fishing 'cause there's lots of species I've never come across myself (I'm a Kiwi fly fisherman, so I've caught heaps of trout and salmon and pelagic species like kahawai). If I ever make it out to the UK I'm definitely going to try for the coarse species. I'm living in California now and am enjoying the bass etc but it's always good to try something new, I've always been a bit jealous of Pommy coarse fisherman, looks like fun.
As for Germany, I thought they had a good range of species there too? Like giant zander, carp etc. Anything can be caught on the fly if you use the right method. Look online, I bet you'll be surprised what your options are.

Horscht posted on May 24 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on May 24 2005 at 09:40 AM said:

Worth playing it?

It's both. You run around like in Pokemon and have to buy err..."Köder" (fuck, what's the english word?). As soon as you start fishing, the you see small fish in the water. When A fish is interested in the "Köder" it'l swim circles (squares actualy :p ) around it, and you have to press a button (IIRC) to start the "sideways-fishing-mode" (name has been invented by me).It's quite fun though, I bought it for 5DM new and sealed. Might still have it (If I haven't sold it yet).

word you were looking for is bait

ED: think harvest moon/ survival kids/ fishing

King Salmon for Mega Drive is a fishing game... I've noticed it usually gets good remark around the net - it doesn't really appeal to me... But no fishing game really do :)

I do remember playing "Gone Fishin' " on Amiga back in the day. I don't know - but maybe it was released for Atari ST too...

I too like fishing games, even though i dont like fishing.. that doesnt make sense :unsure: i had some electronic fishing games years ago.. you know, those ones shaped like a rod and you had to pull back when the fish bites etc.. Radioshack made them i think :D.

I heard super black bass is absolutely awful and not worth playing, you would have more fun banging your head against the wall.

wonder if anyone is interested in making a new one? ;)

Back