Fixing A Gp32

Drewus

Hey peeps,

Old time member to the forum here, sold my original GP32 due to the lack of a sufficiently lit screen. I have now purchased a second hand dead BLU unit in an attempt to revive her.

She was fried due to the incorrect polarity being used on a power adapter.
After doing some research i've pretty much concluded that i'll need to swap out a dead diode for a new one.

Does anyone know exactly which diode (and where on the mainboard) needs replacing, and which NEW diode needs to be soldered back in?

There used to exist a website ( http://chn.roarvgm.com/gp32/gp32-fix.html ) which had a photo showing exactly which diode to replace, however it seems like that site no longer exists. So if anyone has any photo evidence of their own repair jobs, which i can use as reference matierial, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help guys. It's good to be back in the community again, although that all rests on whether i can get this unit up and running.

Also, as it's a BLU, the electronics is different on the board compared to the fix guides you'll find, which will most likely be the FLU, NLU. I think Rob Brown has a pretty detailed hardware knowledge of the gp32. His website is here. Perhaps give him a bell.

And if you don't get anywhere, sell it to me, as I have a BLU with a broken LCD lying around ;)

EvilDragon posted on Mar 5 2005 at 02:18 AM said:
And if you don't get anywhere, sell it to me, as I have a BLU with a broken LCD lying around ;)

I wont give up fixing this GP32 until there is literally nothing else left to try on it. I havn't actually started fixing it yet, as i'm waiting for some email responses in regards to the situation.

If anyone reading this has performed the same fix themselves, could you PLEASE post some screenshots and information on how you did it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back