Flash and Shockwave games on Pandora?

Dubya'

Website
diephotos.blogspot.com
One of the more attractive features of the Wiz, to me anyway, is its native ability to play Flash games. What I'd love to see on the Pandora (I'll be buying one from the second batch as I have planned all along) would be the ability to just click on a downloaded Flash or Shockwave game file and have it run.

Unfortuantely, Adobe's flash has only recently been opened up to developers, and a port hasn't happened yet. The Pandora can play flash video thanks to Gnash.

But as far as shockwave games and such. Probably will be awhile before we can do that. So, yes (probably), but not at launch.

There is a fair to good possibility that full flash support will exist by the time the second batch actually ships. Time will tell.

mindlord said:
Unfortuantely, Adobe's flash has only recently been opened up to developers, and a port hasn't happened yet.
More accurately, Adobe has opened up the specifications for Flash, and has removed licensing requirements. Their Flash player remains closed source, and will likely always be so. The possibility exists for somebody to write a Flash player from scratch (or based on Gnash), but there will never be a "port" of Adobe's player.

When Maemo is ported, flash games can be played. And some Palm OS games, too, because there is garnetVM for Maemo :)

a flash player will probably be made for but not now, one was made for the psp for youtube so this should be possible

Sorry, stupid question. Why can the Wiz run Flash Games and the Pandora not?

Back