[for Those Who Order From The 1st Batch] Will You Develop/port Softwar

Will you order from the first batch and develop/port software for the pandora?

• I will order from the first batch & develop/port

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll order from the first batch, but won't develop/port

• I won't order from the first batch

• Total voters

Kyo

Website
Visit site
since some people seem to be concerned about the amount of software available from the beginning on, I decided to make this poll.

i would be glad to develop software for pandora - i know little about programming but i can beta test as i have a very good understanding of
most console systems ans emulators from about 8 years worth of use.

i would guess beta testing is part of the developing stages.

I'm going to attempt to develop some simple games/apps. Maybe a card game or something, if my programming skills are up to it.

The GP32 scene is famous for its many great devs. If anyone's worried about that on Pandora, don't. If Pandora team gets the hardware out and it's as good as it seems, then I would not be surpised at all if it ends up having THE most impressive handheld homebrew scene in history.

I'm going to have a go at coding / developing / porting software for the Pandora.

I need to gain more experience at coding and the only way to get that is to do it. It should be a great way to learn. Opensource gives me as a noob programmer worked examples (existing code) and forums like this to ask if I don't understand something.

Isn't thist part of the reason why opensource and these communties exist. To get people involved.

i know little python, but i can beta test. people tell me i can really point out the good things and the things that needed to be more worked on

Yes I'll get a few units from the first batch, yes, I'll develop for it, and yes, the guys I'm buying the other units for will develop for it. :)

I am going to order from the first batch, and I will try to develop for it. It will be something simple and easy.

I just started my own project with the objective to "ReMiX" games (Couldn't find a better name for it), this means that I m trying to port, remake and improve existing closed-source games and applications.

The first list of applications:

In development:

- TeamSpeak (RMX)
Will be able to connect to "TeamCom" (/"TeamSpeak Classic") and TeamSpeak 2 servers.

Planned:

- Re-Volt (RMX)
Remake of the title "Re-Volt" which was made by Acclaim

- Mashed (RMX)
Remake of the game "Mashed: Drive to survive"

- PhotoFiltre (RMX)
Remake of the free software "PhotoFiltre v6"

- Halo Multiplayer (RMX)
Remake of the "Halo 2" multiplayer mode with maps and models mixed from all existing "Halo" titles

- TundraDraw (RMX)
Remake of "TundraDraw", an ansi and ascii editor

- ZModeler v1.07 (RMX)
Remake of the model editing software "ZModeler"

- Counter-Strike 1.6 (RMX)
Remake of the half-life mod "Counter-Strike"

---

I still need a team for most things tho. The teamspeak client works fine in console mode and handles most packets, Speex is already working so only CELP, GSM and an GUI are missing.
I have a counter-strike 1.6 and a revolt map loader ready.
I always kept portability in mind when writing those codes.
Some of them are still in VB6 which I use for prototyping, but I m in the process of learning and porting them to C++ right now (TeamSpeak is written in C++ already).
All remixes are not only for Pandora, but also for other systems which the original software did not support. While developing these remixes, I try to create an engine which is working on most of the current hardware.

---

Don't quote this post, some things might change in the near future..

I know a fair bit about programming and I'm learning SDL.
Hopefully I will port a couple of random tools/games such as electronic circuit simulators.
Looking forward to Tuesday ( :pandora1: + me = :) )

I will develop for Pandora, but most likely not from the first batch, but the second. I've just got a feeling about the hardware case and buttons being rushed for manufacture, and there could be problems caused from the manufacturers side. That, and perhaps there will be a lot of cool software available for the Pandora by then, and improved software dev kits :)

It's kind of annoying that the only thing they teach in my school is Java, but I have some C++ knowledge and played around a little on the GP2x, so I think I'm ready to take on an actual port.

Other than a little C++ nearly 10 years ago, and quite a bit of BASIC :lol: on my 286 another 10 years before that, I have no programming experience. :unsure: However, there's something about the Pandora that makes me feel almost obligated to at least try something. I've dusted off old books and started learning again, but it is likely that anything I develop for the Pandora won't be ready until the ship date of Pandora 2.

I have no coding ability, so I won't be developing anything, I'm afraid. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out other ways in which I can contribute, though. :)

I'll develop some smaller application's that will probably be of no use for anyone but me, so i might not even release, but ill definatly develop and if i would consider that something may be of use for anyone but me, i'd release it, but i doubt it as i am not very experienced and everything i could make someone else could do much better :p

That applies to anyone. Think about it this way, if you release something you get the idea out there, and someone might improve your program or rewrite it.

Back