Sales Forced to Cancel Because Of gbax.com Credit Card Issues

bertbusdriver

Still Fresh
Last night, I preordered my Pandora using my dad's credit card (with his consent, of course. Although it took me 2 hours to convince him that this was a practical device and that it wouldn't crash and burn like a lot of other first-generation devices) However, I am now being forced to cancel my order because the order from gbax showed up very suspiciously to credit card company as an intricate string of letters instead of the actual vendor name. As a result of gbax showing up very suspiciously on the credit card statement, the credit card company called my parents, saying that this looked like a fraudulent purchase.

Thus, my parents have gone paranoid, and I am now being forced to cancel my order. My dad even said to me, "Just get an eeepc, it can do the same things." Obviously, I told him i didn't want an eee. But regardless, I am afraid that my order must be canceled, and I will not be able to get a pandora, all because gbax showed up as a very suspicious vendor on the credit card statement. I hope you guys can fix this problem, so future customers will not run into this problem. I've been looking around at the pandora since about May, so it is very disappointing that i will not be able to get one.

Craig, I will be sending you an email to cancel my order. I'm sorry, I know this isn't really your fault, but I don't have my own credit card, so this isn't really my decision to cancel the order.

Yeah I checked my debit card statement online and I just saw something for around 370 dlls, I assumed it was the pandora because of the price and date, but It didnt say GBAX.com or something, its odd.

Good thing with debit card is that they just suck the money out of the account... Though sometimes it may backfire as you don't get much fraud protection.

Sorry to hear it.

No problems here. The charge showed up in my statement as "GP32 DISTRIBUTION NEWCASTLE UPO". Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Locked one credit card that I had to clear he next day and got a call from fraud protection on my debit card. Nothing wrong so far, so I assume it's a false flag.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long :(

Rathum said:
Locked one credit card that I had to clear he next day and got a call from fraud protection on my debit card. Nothing wrong so far, so I assume it's a false flag.

I just wish I didn't have to wait so long :(

Same thing happened to me. It's just fairly standard protections on international charges, not a problem.

Mine showed up GP32 DISTRIBUTION NEWCASTLE UPOGB as well.

I did get a call from my bank to confirm this was a legitimate charge, which was nice, but the statement was pretty obvious to me where it came from.

All I have is very bad feelings for this company!! - I have been trying for 2 week to get my money back, due to the delayed release of the WIZ. After several emails all telling me that my refund is now been processed, then a delay in HSBC bank and so on - I still have not been paid my money back. I am now starting a charge back with my VISA company.
My advice keep away from this firm!!!!

I can only put it down to fraud!!

Your Wiz re-fund is apparently conflicting with the Pandora re-fund. A week has got 7 days and day has got 24 hours. Processing thousands of re-funds takes time and Craig's old bank isn't very fast or helpful as was pointed out. You should go to gp32x and read there. You will see that many people have successfully been re-funded by now. I'm sure, you will get you money back.

Back