Forums Restructuring

Alex.

Retired
Hi,

I think the GP32x forums would benefit from a little restructuring. Everything is too cluttered and a little disorganized. I propose the following forum->subforum tree:
  • gp32x.de - GP32 GP2X Pandora WizGP2XGeneralGeneral Talk
  • News Zone
  • Homebrew
  • Emulation
  • Cool Ideas and other wishes
[*]Development
  • Developers' Corner
  • I need help (dev stuff only)
[*]I need help
[*]Sections for Pandora, Wiz, and GP32 that have identical structure to the GP2X one above
[*]Other stuff
  • Off topic discussion
  • Other consoles
  • Suggestions
  • LOL! Files
  • Marketplace
  • Old unused forums

In the end the main page would only have 5 sections, each with properly outlined sections.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
What about "offtopic section" for each of consoles? For not to make dump of General section.

I agree on splitting up every handheld with the same subcategories. Did do the same on the geman boards quite a while ago and that did work out very well.

Is it also possible with these boards that every user can sort sections?
I know there's a plugin for phpBB, I'll install that soon on the German boards. Wiz users can sort it so that the WIZ boards will be on top, Pandora users so that Pandora boards will be on top, etc.

prairiefire said:
Also agree with some restructure, although i think having an FAQ inside each of the 5 subheadings would be useful (and maybe should go first?)

I am all in favour for this.... :D

Squirrel61 said:
I still vote for inclusion of a separate hardware subforum, possibly for each console. The information is too shattered and too hard to find.
No it isn't you just don't know how to search well.

Me likes alex's suggestion. Didn't somebody suggest something similar a couple of years ago when the GP2X was released, but it wasn't done for some reason and I can't remember why.

EvilDragon said:
Is it also possible with these boards that every user can sort sections?
I know there's a plugin for phpBB, I'll install that soon on the German boards. Wiz users can sort it so that the WIZ boards will be on top, Pandora users so that Pandora boards will be on top, etc.
I'd love it if we could do that. At the minute whenever I log on with a new device/system I have to go through hiding all the sub forums.

Back