Fox Reporting On The Bbc

well, then being an American, I will definetly not support, watch or listen to the BBC, they can take that channel off my cable.

I come from england, so this comes as no surprise to me. Please don't think that the BBC expresses the opinion of the brits in general. Because they don't.

Since the take off of cable and satellite, noone even watches BBC, and yet they still TAX us for haven't equipment capable of recieving their broadcast.

British people *HAVE* to pay about $150 a year to BBC even if we don't watch their programs, and last I know, they were trying to increase that for people with digital equipement capable of recieving their digital-only channels.

I hate the BBC, and I'm sure most british people have similar opinions.

The fox report had several faults. The BBC was not supporting anti-americanism, it was condemning the war in iraq. The main target of the BBC's offence was the UK government, not the american. This just goes to show how impartial the BBC can be, and how superior it is to the american news networks. Most people in the UK have nothing against Americans, they just think the war in Iraq was wrong as no WoMD have been found. The fox news report is no more reliable than transfer or celebrity stories in the tabloids.

king_loz posted on Feb 6 2004 at 07:54 PM said:
The fox news report is no more reliable than transfer or celebrity stories in the tabloids.
No more reliable than tabloids are you sh**ting me? Tabloids are false, Fox news was reporting the truth. How can you even think that Fox news isn't more reliable than a tabloid, in the states Fox news is about the only fair new station we got, MSNBC and CNN are way left wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop! I think starwarsnerd has hijacked extremegamer's account. :p

everyone knows that fox news is ridiculous right wing propaganda. That report was utter lies. The BBC never got found guilty (or even accused of ) anti-americanism.

Just because somebody doesnt support an illegal and immoral war, it doesnt mean they are anti-american.

extremegamer posted on Feb 6 2004 at 03:02 PM said:
Tabloids are false, Fox news was reporting the truth.
At one time the Tabloids where reporting the truth you knwo, but they lost their cedibility, and FOX, as good as some of their programs are, ther news branch FOX News has little to none credibility

Hell, i do not pay attention to shit like this *politics and news programs shit* and i know that FOX News has no credibility

But i am going to watch BBC*America* as long as they show Monty Python on it, if none, then it aint being watched

extremegamer posted on Feb 6 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
well, then being an American, I will definetly not support, watch or listen to the BBC, they can take that channel off my cable.

No more reliable than tabloids are you sh**ting me? Tabloids are false, Fox news was reporting the truth. How can you even think that Fox news isn't more reliable than a tabloid
hhhmmm Is it me or DO I REMEMBER the Americans Saying that Iraq had WEAPONS OF MASS Destruction that could be launched at any time????? So far Nothing has been found :p ... But what did the Americans quickly secure, The Oil refineries :D

How do you know FOX News Tells the 100% truth?? Do you personal know them and have dinner with them?????? :lol: Sounds like you a possesed by Fox :lol:

Anyway I thought that we live in countries where we have Freedom Of Speech......... B)

Well I hope that report wasn't typical of Fox News reporting as the reporter clearly had little idea of what the story was about (it has nothing whatsoever to do with 'anti-Americanism').

Fox News is on the same level as The Sun and The Daily Mail, perhaps lower.

It pains me to see journalism like this - "oh, yeah the BBC LIED!!! LIARS I SAY!!! THE ENTIRE BBC ARE LIARS!"

No, a single report was aired once that was factually inaccurate - at least according to Lord Hutton.

It seems to me to be a case of pot, kettle, black.

extremegamer posted on Feb 6 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
And it's people like you, blindly believing a source like this that encourage this style of sensationalist journalism.

WhizzBang posted on Feb 6 2004 at 11:09 PM said:
Well I hope that report wasn't typical of Fox News reporting as the reporter clearly had little idea of what the story was about (it has nothing whatsoever to do with 'anti-Americanism').
Exactly, the Hutton report never even delved into any of that. It was about the circumastance surround Dr David Kelly's death , and Lord Hutton surprisingly kept to this extremely narrow remit, throughout the entire 1000 page report. He didn't go into anti-americanism or WOMD at all.

Well, since I can see as how this is going to turn into the new political thread, I might as well post some of my new thoughts that I know declaration has just been dying to tear down.
stop! I think starwarsnerd has hijacked extremegamer's account.

everyone knows that fox news is ridiculous right wing propaganda. That report was utter lies. The BBC never got found guilty (or even accused of ) anti-americanism.

Or maybe he just saw things clearly.... I.... mean... took a... different... point of... view. Anyways, BBC does have some definite Anti-American root although I agree that was not the main target there. Fox News is indeed right wing propaganda, I don't know about ridiculous, but defintitely right wing. Also, I dare you to think of a reason why George W. Bush is responsible for bad intelligence. As declaration often reminds me, Democrats cut the national debt. But at what cost? In the early years of Clintons presidency, he cut the CIA's budget and ever since, they have had to gather intelligence with poor equipment. I don't know if Bush has raised the CIA's budget at all yet in his term, but if he has not, that is a serious mistake. Also interesting, did you know that back in about '98 Kerry and other Democrat actually urged Clinton to go to war with Saddam? Also, has anybody heard anything about the French Parlaiment's decision about religious clothing? I heard a story about it but I never heard thier decision.

Ahhh, Michael Moore. Within the last week has this man's existence actually meant something to me. I'm sure most people know about the "miserable failure" Google whack (one of my favorite whacks, despite my relative support for Bush). Mr. Moore just put a new site on the web and took that Biography out of first place in the Google listing officially voiding it as a Google whack. Good job asshole.

People are going to all extremes here.

If this report is accurate, then the BBC lied about something having to do with the war in Iraq for sensationalism, because they thought the war was wrong. There is no way to justify this type of behavior, not in the UK, not in America, not anywhere. If we can't trust our news, then how can we keep in touch with the world?

What's going on in America is a little different. The White House has been accused of spewing out lies, which the press HAS to report on. They can't just ignore what they consider to be falsities, because this IS the seat of our government. Probably some news stations were pushing the war more then others, adding a little "flavour" to their stories as legally as they could. It's all about ratings anyway.

What we should agree on here is that no matter who the perpetrator is, the act is wrong, and should not be tolerated. Defending a position by "well you did it first" or "you did it as well" is childish and ludicrous.

The news reporter in the clip is suck a dick - he's obviously feeling very passionate about getting back at the British for all the anti-war and lack of patriotism that is felt over here. Is this what American journalists are like? Trying to get across their own personal feelings about a situation......

frolik posted on Feb 7 2004 at 11:05 AM said:
The news reporter in the clip is suck a dick - he's obviously feeling very passionate about getting back at the British for all the anti-war and lack of patriotism that is felt over here. Is this what American journalists are like? Trying to get across their own personal feelings about a situation......
Yup... did you get the feeling that you just wanted to hit that news reporter on that FOX News link :D LOL.... :lol:

Back