Freeciv Freezes Trying To Start A Game

daffy

freeciv gets to the menu screen, but when I choose to start a game, it just sits there and nothing happens.

daffy said:
freeciv gets to the menu screen, but when I choose to start a game, it just sits there and nothing happens.

I played a game, but I remember that I had to move a windows up to actually press OK at one time.
Tried that?

Last edited:
No buttons below the fold.

The log shows:

Code:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 124: [: !: integer expression expected
none on /mnt/utmp/freeciv type aufs (rw,si=638af817)
Union already mounted
1: Save failed, cannot write to file /mnt/utmp/freeciv

My pandora/app-data/freeciv directory and its content was owned by root. Weird.

Ok some help please? Like i stated above i have the same problem, and my log shows about the same. i tried just about everything, including changing the owner of the folder from root to me (which does not work at all) and adjusting read/write permissions of the folder, which does not solve the problem. EDIT: I could be making a typo or something though, so even the correct syntax would be appreciated

Please, someone, help this linux newb? because im really looking forward to this particular game.

Thanks!
MarkoeZ

MarkoeZ said:
Ok some help please? Like i stated above i have the same problem, and my log shows about the same. i tried just about everything, including changing the owner of the folder from root to me (which does not work at all) and adjusting read/write permissions of the folder, which does not solve the problem. EDIT: I could be making a typo or something though, so even the correct syntax would be appreciated

Please, someone, help this linux newb? because im really looking forward to this particular game.

Thanks!
MarkoeZ

ill give a it shot and see i can reproduce the problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
ill give a it shot and see i can reproduce the problem

Cool, let me know if you need any more file system info, logs, or whatever. Just be sure to tell me where i can find them ;)

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, i got another SD card today, tried it on there, and it works perfect! Weird though, because everything else i downloaded is on the original sd and works without any issues (and i downloaded A LOT).

Looks and plays great on the pandora!

Cheers!

Back