Fresh News From Gph: Fungp And More Games

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I just got some fresh news from GPH!

1. FunGP Developer Test in Korea

The first test for FunGP will start today in Korea. When the testing is finished, it will fully open.
After that, the next step will b top open it up to the rest of the world.

2. More Games

Propis and Deicide 3 were just the beginning - more games will follow.
The next game will be similar to Zelda - I'll keep you informed.

Additionally, GPH has licensed about 30 classic arcade games until now, so expect more fully legal arcade emulation soon!

What does this mean for non-Korean game developers who might want to put something on the fungp site? When will they have access? After it opens to the public of Korea?

Nice, some licensed arcade titles? they just going to bundle MAME with them I wonder :) Nice move them, can't go wrong with some old classics!

jeff

The arcade games don't use MAME. 5 of the games came with the Propis & Deicide 3 game pack. The games are standalone, but use emulation similar to Capex.

I can't to see Fungp. I've been looking forward to it. I do hope that there are still new quality games for the Wiz that are free. I can imagine everyone jumping on the Fungp boat and trying to make a little money off of their games.

fett42 said:
The arcade games don't use MAME. 5 of the games came with the Propis & Deicide 3 game pack. The games are standalone, but use emulation similar to Capex.

I can't to see Fungp. I've been looking forward to it. I do hope that there are still new quality games for the Wiz that are free. I can imagine everyone jumping on the Fungp boat and trying to make a little money off of their games.
Heaven forbid people get paid for their work :eek:! I'm just kidding ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
a game using the 3D capabilities of the WIZ would be great. especially a car racing simulator...
i don't know why they stick to the classic 2D games :(

Orion4874 said:
I've seen the advertisement for the new RPG game. But it's always in Korean. There will be an English version right?

Yes, it's currently being translated.
I talked to them and will probably get a preview copy so I can check the translation and report any bugs.
Maybe I'll also take a look at the Propis and Deicide 3 translation and fix some stuff (if they let me).

English isn't my native language - but it's way better than the translation of those two games ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Orion4874 said:
I've seen the advertisement for the new RPG game. But it's always in Korean. There will be an English version right?

I talked to them and will probably get a preview copy so I can check the translation and report any bugs.
Maybe I'll also take a look at the Propis and Deicide 3 translation and fix some stuff (if they let me).

English isn't my native language - but it's way better than the translation of those two games ;)

That'd be cool. I'd definitely take a fix for the translation of Propis and Deicide 3.

Very cool. The Wiz really needs something to attract more customers, and fingers crossed this is it. GPH deserve more success for their console than they currently have.

EvilDragon said:
Orion4874 said:

Thanks Evil, I knew there was a reason we keep you around, LOL! Seriously though, thanks for looking out for all of us!

fett42 said:

What do you mean they don't use mame and use emulation similar to capex? I think capex is just a front end for the capcom emulator and the games wouldn't be completely stand alone as I'm sure they are running of an emulator and probably mame.

jbrodack said:
fett42 said:

What do you mean they don't use mame and use emulation similar to capex? I think capex is just a front end for the capcom emulator and the games wouldn't be completely stand alone as I'm sure they are running of an emulator and probably mame.

It seems like a frontend similar to capex. Hitting menu + select brings up a menu similar to that of capex when you hit menu + select. Also, when it loads a game, it does it in the same manner as capex. You'd have to see it for yourself to know what I mean.

Back