Frets On Fire(guitar Hero Clone)

We don't have the right buttons, and certainly not enough CPU power.

A "Drum Kit on Fire" kind of idea ala TobiDrummer might work though.

A remake from scratch would be needed. The main problem is that it's written in python (interpreted) so as mentioned there's not enough CPU time floating around. My Laptop doesn't really run FoF at an acceptable speed... so yeah.

Seeing as there still isn't a complete Stepmania port/clone yet, I find it even more unlikely that anyone has the time/motivation for this, unfortunately.

Yeah, but I don't think that would work, you'd need a multi touch screen (like the iphone) and I'm fairly sure ours isn't a multi touch screen (then again, I don't own a F200).

A remake would be very cool. But it's a bit hard with the GP2X.
Touchscreen isn't really a solution (accurracy/speed, multiple "keys" at once). And if you use the GP2X buttons, which ones? You could limit it to only 2 or 3 (L/R + some other key), that would work.

And then there is still the last problem: It would be a lot of work. And the thing with the songs is also problematic.

And the depressing maximum theoritical gameplay quality makes it pointless to think it through further.

Even a laptop doesn't cut it really, for portable FoF you'd need a keytar with a Heads-Up Display (which would look really geeky).

Back