FS-UAE on Pyra?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Hi ED.
I was thinking that a port of FS-UAE to pyra would help sell some more units and would be of course be great fun.

I did in the past inquire with frodsolheim the author. He was not adverse to porting to pandora but he said the pandora was incapable of running it.
The pyra however might be able to run it.
In a thread I opened previously it was said that it required open gl. Lunichbochs was working on this. https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/fs-uae-possible-on-pyra.74352/

My question is would it be worth giving frodsolheim a developer pyra? Or perhaps such a port could be done on a devboard or something?

I could easily message Frodsolheim off-site about a port or if he might make the sources available for someone else to port it to Pyra.
Just a thought. I bet it feels great to see the pyra nearing completion.

What's the difference between fs-uae and TomB's UAE4ARM? I wonder if TomB will port his to the Pyra (I'm also wondering if it'll build on the RaspPi 2 as well, not had chance to try yet)

What's the difference between fs-uae and TomB's UAE4ARM? I wonder if TomB will port his to the Pyra (I'm also wondering if it'll build on the RaspPi 2 as well, not had chance to try yet)
AFAIK I think part of TomB's plan of releasing uae4arm was with view to porting it to the Pyra one he gets one. It's a more demanding emulator so will definitely benefit from the added speed!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Oh, haven't even heard of that yet!

I will check that out on my PC.

uae4arm is awesome, has touchscreen-support on the Pandora, Picasso96 runs well and can do an A1200 AGA with harddisk, etc.
It doesn't have a connection to the database like FS-uae though, which seems like a nice addition.

FS-UAE is the best libre/open source multiplatform (It's been a few years since i started using it on my Linux PC) Amiga emulator.
Network play is another nice feature.

FS-UAE is the best libre/open source multiplatform (It's been a few years since i started using it on my Linux PC) Amiga emulator.
Network play is another nice feature.
If it's open source why doesn't someone else port it?

If it's open source why doesn't someone else port it?

UAE4ARM is good enough, and FS-UAE dependencies would need Codeblocks PND to be updated, ;)

And because i have 92 programs to care about.

But i'm sure someone with more time will do it.

UAE4ARM is good enough, and FS-UAE dependencies would need Codeblocks PND to be updated, ;)

And because i have 92 programs to care about.

But i'm sure someone with more time will do it.
I was meaning for the Pyra, it won't run on Pandora.

I was meaning for the Pyra, it won't run on Pandora.

I see. There's a "old" stable version on debian repos, but it would be great to have the last development release.

Really? (I'm working on it btw, libpng1.6. 21 and Qt5.6 is done, I have just finished GCC 6.1 and need to test it).

I should have said updated PND on repo, so anyone could try it, ;)

There's a few programs that refuse to compile without QT5.6, it would be great to help you testing it.

I still need to create the PND, and take like 24h on the pandora itself. So I better be sure before doing it...
Your porting FS-Uae already? If so that's great news. It's a brilliant, fully featured Amiga emulator which is really easy to use and professionally designed.
It would be perfect for the Pyra.

Your porting FS-Uae already? If so that's great news. It's a brilliant, fully featured Amiga emulator which is really easy to use and professionally designed.
It would be perfect for the Pyra.
Actually I think this is pretty disrespectful to the UAE4ARM author. Unfortunately there is no dislike button on this forum.

No I'm not porting fs-uae, I was speaking about codeblocks.
I may try to port fs-uae on pyra, but on the Pandora, I'm not sure it's worth it (and uae4arm fill the job perfectly already I think).

Actually I think this is pretty disrespectful to the UAE4ARM author. Unfortunately there is no dislike button on this forum.
I think you are reading too much into my post.:) Nobody is being disrespectful to anybody. I never even heard about this uaearm business until yesterday.
The previous pandora amiga emulators by tom b required a bit of work to get running, setting up hardisk files etc. Certain games ran others did not etc. Iv'e no idea if stuff has improved a lot since then. FS-uae is a fine amiga emu thats all I'm saying.
[doublepost=1462315337,1462315157][/doublepost]
No I'm not porting fs-uae, I was speaking about codeblocks.
I may try to port fs-uae on pyra, but on the Pandora, I'm not sure it's worth it (and uae4arm fill the job perfectly already I think).
Oh fair enough. No its not worth porting to pandora- the author even said as much. Pyra should handle it nicely though.
If you find time to port fs-uae great. Let's see what the future holds, I'm sure we will end up with one or the other on pyra anyhow.

Ok, sorry. I was only annoyed at seeing something that most probably took thousands of hours titled unprofessional. That seemed unfair to me, especially because according to change log it looks like a lot of work went into being able to share code with the other UAEs (especially WinUAE), so that actual compatibility is much closer to other versions than it was before.

Last edited:
Back