FXI Cotton Candy, a computer the size of a flash drive

http://www.fxitech.com/cotton-candy/what-is-it/

Thoughts? It can run either Ubuntu or android operating systems.

"Specifications? Absolutely: a 1.2 GHz dual core ARM main processor and a 1 GHz quad-core ARM graphics processor, with 1 GB of RAM memory and a micro SD card slot capable of supporting up to 64 GB of storage. FXI will load it for you with either operating system, and it also packs Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and full 1080p HD video output"

I have a 1Ghz pandora and I am more than happy with it, but what the flippin frackin heck is with those specs, guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. $200 seems quite a lot for a device with no existing community (that I know of), but if modern ARM graphics chips aren't hopeless, having four of those cores could be quite tasty.

The existing Cotton Candy thread is here: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/6271-fxi-cotton-candy-turns-any-screen-into-android-station/?hl=%2Bcotton+%2Bcandy

This thing passed on a long time ago, they had massive over heating issues that they couldn't resolve, they left the whole forum community in the lurch , then returned after a year with some lame apologies promising to fix a number of serious issues.  In the end they closed the forum on everyone and walked away - pretty much everyone was complaining.  It never got passed beta

IF your after a PC Stick try the RK3188 based PC Sticks which can bought for as low as $60 delivered.  They are far more powerful than the Cotton Candy ever was and 1/3 the cost

Last edited by a moderator:
IF your after a PC Stick try the RK3188 based PC Sticks which can bought for as low as $60 delivered.  They are far more powerful than the Cotton Candy ever was and 1/3 the cost
Which brings me back to my intial sense of disbelief, why was/is it so hard to put more power into the pandora without making it super expensive? I love my pandora to death, but with those kinds of devices floating around why isn't the pandora more powerful?

Back