Game Doctor 7 Super Nintendo Copier For Sale

spatterlight

Still Fresh
I'm selling my spare Game Doctor 7 unit. This one has 32 megabits of RAM.

For anyone who's never heard of a Game Doctor, it's a piece of grey market Super Nintendo hardware from the nineties. Copier units like these are how the ROMs got online in the first place. It plugs into your Super Nintendo and lets you load ROM images from floppy discs or a parallel cable, but with none of the compromises of using an emulator -- you're playing the games on the original SNES hardware, complete with controller. In particular they're great for homebrew and fan translations of foreign games.

This one works perfectly, and comes with a power supply. The casing for the passthrough cartridge (the part that plugs into your Super Nintendo's cartridge slot) is held together with a piece of tape, but this is a minor flaw that doesn't get in the way of usability and aesthetics. I'm pretty good with copiers, and can offer email tech support to get you going.

Selling for $150 or best offer. Buyer pays shipping, which should be $15 or less to anywhere in North America, including insurance and tracking.

425493044_o.jpg

425493101_o.jpg

425492922_o.jpg

You're going to have a hard time selling it at that price, unless it's to a collector. For $150 you can buy this instead:

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=84

Which IMO is a much better way to play ROMs on an original SNES. You shouldn't need to actually rip games these days, but for that you can get a Retrode which is also a lot cheaper.

Com64 said:
If you don't sell it in four weeks, I can buy it for $100 CAD.
Don't do it! Canadian money is like monopoly money, that stuff's no good!

Last edited by a moderator:
plus canananadia has no crime, so that money wont get you out of jail either

DaMummy said:
plus canananadia has no crime, so that money wont get you out of jail either

canananadia? Where's that?

anyway, does this fit the SNES mini?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back