GP32 Games Designing Packages

H

hughes051

If I was to write a game from scratch for the gp32 what features does the gp32 have? I.e.
Hardware scrolling Fogging. Pixels Shades, can any version of direct x be used or it features if not can they be program in software as the gp32 is open source I wondering what the limits are because as time goes buy programming gets better.

I here that are some game designing packages come soon from Multimedia Fusion please advise me as if this correct the gp32 has a bright furtue

Why do you never use the correct forums to post you questions?

This should go in the I need help or the Development section...

The GP32 has no fancy graphics hardware. It has a simple frame buffer that you render graphics to and thats it. If you want something fancy you have to do it in software.

hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 01:03 PM said:
Hardware scrolling Fogging. Pixels Shades, direct x

:D :D :D :D :D

Aiken

Last edited by a moderator:
hello

well i have just got an email back from them this is what they said

Hi,
Yes we plan to look into making a gp32 runtime after MMF2 is released.

Jeff

some think to look forward to

Quiest posted on Apr 5 2005 at 02:11 PM said:

why do you allways moan about the post uesr make

hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 01:26 PM said:

Why do you speak so peculiar? And Who the hell is "uesr"?

Besides:
zwischenablage017bq.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishbong posted on Apr 5 2005 at 02:35 PM said:
hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 01:26 PM said:

why do you allways moan about the posts other gp32 users submit
Why do you speak so peculiar? And Who the hell is "uesr"?

Besides:
zwischenablage017bq.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

never mind... some users on this form like to cause problmes as my question was a general one

Its a general one on Development and goes into New Developers section as you are a new developer, also general talk is to general talk about the GP32, this is a help question so could go in I need help. But you managed to get it wrong from 2 possible choices.
You also rather then editing posts just post 2 or 3 times in a row, theres no need for it.
People on This "FORM" as you say do not like to cause trouble from you "Uesr" they just get sick of repeatly helping you with the forum. The Forums are all labeled yet you just keep on doing this after you have been told about 5 times.
</end my bitching session>

hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 02:26 PM said:

I only moan about your posts, they really annoy me with question that you could easily answer by yourself with a little search.
Besides that, you should know by now what to do to keep me from moaning:

Stop being lazy!

Dude.. its not like people are out to get you; you're looking at it the wrong way.

You *are* posting in the wrong forums, and not looking up things in the common FAQs, existing questions, etc etc. Its like standing in the middle of the freewayt and asking cars why they're trying to hit you .. when in fact, you're setting yourself up to be hit :)

So when you post like that, peopel will naturally suggest you to post in the right place, which you so far manage to not do most of the time.

So why don't you start doing it, so everyone starts liking you more :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Apr 5 2005 at 04:14 PM said:
Dude.. its not like people are out to get you; you're looking at it the wrong way.

You *are* posting in the wrong forums, and not looking up things in the common FAQs, existing questions, etc etc. Its like standing in the middle of the freewayt and asking cars why they're trying to hit you .. when in fact, you're setting yourself up to be hit :)

So when you post like that, peopel will naturally suggest you to post in the right place, which you so far manage to not do most of the time.

jeff

OK it looks like I am upsetting allot of gp32 users with my grammar and English and not being very polite and not posting to the correct forms. This is the first form I have ever submitted to and I love the gp32 and I want to know all about it and I get carried away when I can not find the answers and it is quicker to ask, but some times when I have search the form I can not see the answer so I post a question than I get flamed (is this the correct term?). OK so what do I do if I can not find the answer who do I turn to how can I improve my knowledge on the gp32. The last thing I want is to upset anyone so I hope this has not upset anyone

hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 10:39 AM said:
skeezix posted on Apr 5 2005 at 04:14 PM said:

jeff

I get carried away when I can not find the answers and it is quicker to ask, but some times when I have search the form I can not see the answer so I post a question than I get flamed (is this the correct term?).

lol sorry it's funny. Don't worry, soon you'll have 2000 posts in the form and will be able to flame other uesrs.

hughes051 posted on Apr 5 2005 at 02:03 PM said:
If I was to write a game from scratch for the gp32 what features does the gp32 have? I.e.
Hardware scrolling Fogging. Pixels Shades, can any version of direct x be used or it features if not can they be program in software as the gp32 is open source I wondering what the limits are because as time goes buy programming gets better.

I here that are some game designing packages come soon from Multimedia Fusion please advise me as if this correct the gp32 has a bright furtue

in fact there is way to make some hardware srolling... you have to play with the buffer address registers...
take a look at mr.spiv web site

hey hughes, thanks for asking :)

Asking is good :)

Its funny.. on the one hand, its often easier to just ask someone something.. easier for you; for the receiver though its more work, since they have to answer. If they've answered it 300 times already, you can see its annoying.. but more than that, its a social form of "denial of service" -- if 300 people come into a store and ask "when is the store open?", you can see the shopkeep is super busy with useless questions; if 300 people look on the siggn outside, they know the ansswer and everyone is happier. So its just a courtesy.. being "easier for you" doesn't mean "easier for everyone".

But your'e cool, asking is good, and we all welcome you to the site and scene.

The main thign is to look around when you can, and if you can't find something, thats okay; the second thing is to post in the right boards. If you have a question about development, always post to the development board. If its about a specific emu, check to see if its got a support board.

Little things :)

jeff

LOL, i think he´s looking for an SDK (but he probably don´t know what an SDK is, so he can´t search for it, so it isn´t his fault :D )
Besides, do you think he´s actually from the UK ??? Look at his grammar... Either he´s 8 years old or has been raised in a cave... what´s his birth date? 1969 ????!!!! OMG!

Fishbong posted on Apr 5 2005 at 06:50 PM said:
LOL, i think he´s looking for an SDK (but he probably don´t know what an SDK is, so he can´t search for it, so it isn´t his fault :D )
Besides, do you think he´s actually from the UK ??? Look at his grammar... Either he´s 8 years old or has been raised in a cave... what´s his birth date? 1969 ????!!!! OMG!

can you search for words that are three letters or less now? I got no result when trying .... just to test...

think maybe there should be a FAQ for "words on three letters" as I think it may be hard for newbees as they can´t search for words that small....

anyway, that was just a side note...

yeah, you can't search until you hit 4+ letters.

Lets try to be nice here.. I think his responzse above was cool and hes trying, so lets be good to the fella and everyone.

(Gotta try and turn the tide away from thinking everyone at gp32x are jerks :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Apr 5 2005 at 08:12 PM said:
yeah, you can't search until you hit 4+ letters.

Lets try to be nice here.. I think his responzse above was cool and hes trying, so lets be good to the fella and everyone.

(Gotta try and turn the tide away from thinking everyone at gp32x are jerks :)

jeff
Hi Guys

I am 35 and born in the UK in 1969 my English and grammar is very poor I know but I am trying very hard and started to use a spell checker (let`s hope it worked) but I am sure you guys will tell me when I am wrong
Thx
Ian

Back