Games question

chris118

Still Fresh
i read somewhere that this thing can do a bunch of stuff, like play mp3 and video clips and Emultors

well my question is, how do you put games on a smart memory card thingy. is it like a cd-r and like a zip disk where i can put any type of file on it and open it on my gp32. like could i download an emulator from
www.emulator-zone.com and some roms and put them on my smart card, then open them like i wold with a computer?

or do i have to download special emultors for gp32 and special roms and stuff,

because you guys are talking about an GBA emultor in the works that isnt out yet, when i already have a fully working one on my computer that i got from www.emultor-zone.com. wassup with that? and can i download a episode of the simpsons and watch it on my GP32?

so my general question is how flexible(as in how many restrictions) is this GP32?

the gp32 is a handheld console with specifications much like an average palmtop. it won't run the programs you download for your pc, because, believe it or not, there's a whole lot of difference between windows on x86 and hardware-level on ARM9 architectures. it's like trying to feed a horse petrol because it's fine for getting your car working.

the point of an emulator is that when fed the original datafiles of one system, it will behave like that system. give a gp32 a generic NES rom and a gp32-specific NES emulator, and it will play that game. writing emulators for the gp32 is much harder than writing them for PC, as programmers can't be lazy and compensate for bad code with high-MHz.

transferring data to the GP32 is done via a USB connector onto SmartMedia digital camera film, and it comes supplied with a USB cable.

There is one decent commercial (and a couple of crappy free) DiVX movie players that will allow you to play movies - however they will have to be encoded down to a format that a) fits onto a memory card and B) the GP32 is able to cope with (the exact specs are mentioned a lot on these boards).

Back