Gamescom, Cologne, 2015

Rockthesmurf

Advanced Member
Website
Visit site
Is anyone heading to Gamescom/GDC Europe this year? My initial plans were not to attend this year (very busy with work), however, it is now beginning to look more likely that I will need to go after all to meet with various clients. Last year I ended up in a hotel bit of a distance away from the Gamescom building (booked late, couldn't find anything close by which was 10X over my budget! and had never been before), and this year it is looking somewhat similar again. I wondered if anyone had any tips of good hotels which are relatively close by (like up to 20 minutes on a single train, or in a perfect world in 30 minutes walking distance) suitable for business travellers (there are two of us, we would be willing to share a room, but we'd need twin beds not a double!). I appreciate hotel recommendations can be tricky, as if you live somewhere you don't need to use the hotels, but I figure there maybe people that regularly attend Gamescom/GDC that might have some recommendations perhaps?

Anyway, regardless of hotel recommendations, it would be interesting to know who is planning to attend!

Me too,have extra Holiday there ;)

I am glad when i can help @ the Gamescom and see new Things,more new Ideas and interresting Conversations.

Pyra team will be there :)
Yeah !!! :D
We want to show the Everdrives, RetroPi and Pyras as well as other Handheld devices.

Will be a colorful mixture this time with hopefully more Pyra :)

This time I want to be prepared look for a restaurant on some map before ;) .

Me too,have extra Holiday there ;)

I am glad when i can help @ the Gamescom and see new Things,more new Ideas and interresting Conversations.
Looking forward to see you again :)

I would visit it if the convention would be still in Leipzig, Cologne is just to far away and always to full. Well at least the retro-area should be not that crowded like the loud and overfilled main halls. ^^"

A friend of mine and me actually wanted to help you guys out this year and I kinda got it halfway settled with ED but then seemed to went busy and got no proper responses since then (apart about being busy). I'm super patient and understand you have lots of stuff to worry about, but we're getting closer to GC with every day. So if you don't mind, could you poke him about this maybe? Thanks.  ;)

A friend of mine and me actually wanted to help you guys out this year and I kinda got it halfway settled with ED but then seemed to went busy and got no proper responses since then (apart about being busy). I'm super patient and understand you have lots of stuff to worry about, but we're getting closer to GC with every day. So if you don't mind, could you poke him about this maybe? Thanks. ;)
No worries, the team planning hasn't been done yet, so you didn't get any mail yet.

I'll be there too, from thursday to sunday.
Yay :)

Booth babes ....uhmm like this ?

2011-E3-Expo-Los-Angeles-19-667x1000.jpg

http://www.reaxxion.com/6150/booth-babes-and-sexy-cosplayers-are-in-danger-of-being-completely-banned-from-events

Yep. Every time I see something like that, I can't really figure out whether I should feel sorry for the exhibitor, who apparently feels he has such crappy goods to sell that he needs to hide it with T&A, or whether I should be mad at him for implying that his customers (and, by extension, I), are stupid enough to fall for such a trick. 

Neither really inspires a feeling of wanting to be associated with that exhibitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really find the women in the above pic appealing.  I have always been a bit odd with that though, as more skin and showing everything off is not really better imo.  I am more interested in the person when it comes to attraction, and when it comes to work I would rather the people be comfortable (and it makes me uncomfortable looking at them).  Odd, since I like eye candy when it comes to other things.

Back