Gianas Return Wip Info

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Here are just some WIP screenshots from Gianas Return, a game based on Giana Sisters but with new sound, levels, graphics AND some nice other surprises... :)

Coding seems to be coming along good, as it is already running on a gp2x :)

giana-ingame-beta.jpg

gianagp2x.jpg

You can find more information about it on Gianas Return official Blog (http://www.gianas-return.de/)

Cool, is this actually a port of the (great) gp32 version or does this version have new levels, graphics or whatever!?

Wolfsclaw posted on Jul 30 2006 at 04:43 PM said:
Cool, is this actually a port of the (great) gp32 version or does this version have new levels, graphics or whatever!?

No port, it's completely new :)

Last edited:
Sorry, except for the levels, they are (nearly) the same as the old GP32 version.

That looks awesome. That re-make was great on the GP32.

Can't wait to play that again.

Holy awesome, I remember the drama when the orignial coder and source for the gp32 version disappeared from the planet, those were sad days. :(

but today is a new day, and a happy one. HORRAY FOR Giana's Return!!!

Very great news, im looking forward to play this a+ quality game on my gp2x :)
Mabye they could go commercial this time?

grahf posted on Jul 31 2006 at 02:56 AM said:
Man, the original Giana Sisters on C64 sure was awesome. Im really looking forward to trying this one. Unfortunatly i dont own a GP32.
Hmm, there must have been a miscommunication somewhere. This is for GP2X. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
greenmikey posted on Jul 30 2006 at 10:38 PM said:
Holy awesome, I remember the drama when the orignial coder and source for the gp32 version disappeared from the planet, those were sad days. :(

but today is a new day, and a happy one. HORRAY FOR Giana's Return!!!

Yes, indeed! I'd like to say congratulations to the work (re-)done, it seems to be coming along pretty good, and I know what an exhausting work it is. I'm sure it will be excellent when it's finished. So, both thumbs up!
As of me, I didn't disappear from the planet - just from the homebrew scene, I'm making my own pet projects now. And I'm really not proud of the Windows/Dreamcast/GP32 version's source code of Giana's Return, and it wouldn't be of any use for anyone. It's a big piece of crap. Really, I mean it :(

chn posted on Aug 1 2006 at 08:43 AM said:
As of me, I didn't disappear from the planet - just from the homebrew scene, I'm making my own pet projects now. And I'm really not proud of the Windows/Dreamcast/GP32 version's source code of Giana's Return, and it wouldn't be of any use for anyone. It's a big piece of crap. Really, I mean it :(

Thanks for letting down the whole team, thanks for not responding to our attempts to reach you. We really thought you are few meters under the earth already...

Back