Ginge Compatibility List?

ozzyfreakdude

Still Fresh
I've been looking for information on running various applications in GINGE on the Pandora, and I've barely seen any information on it, other than people stating that GP2X applications that use the second cpu aren't supported.

Why hasn't a compatibility list been started? For something as important as GINGE, it seems like a compatibility list would be a must-have.

On a somewhat related note, has anybody been able to get any version of the gp2x/wiz gngeo working? I have some roms left over from the gp2x gngeo that crash in gngeo 0.7 with xgngeo frontend, and I figured that ginge might be the way to go.

I had read that gngeo for the gp2x didn't work because it used the second cpu, but the wiz only has one cpu, right? I couldn't get the wiz version working either - it couldn't find the gngeorc file, although it was there. I also read somewhere that there was an older version of gngeo for the gp2x that didn't use the second cpu - does anybody know where that is?

Sounds like a decent idea. Just start a new page on the wiki, put in some entries of your own and advertise it here. I'm sure others will append to it.

Yes i was a bit miffed that gp2x emus wont work with this they load but select a game and it crashes.

Which emus did you try? I was able to run a number of games in the Wiz port of FBA. Some games (like Mars Matrix) crashed, but I'm not sure whether that's the fault of Ginge, FBA, or the particular romset that I was using.

Which emus did you try? I was able to run a number of games in the Wiz port of FBA. Some games (like Mars Matrix) crashed, but I'm not sure whether that's the fault of Ginge, FBA, or the particular romset that I was using.
could not get batrider battle garega guwange or dodonpachi to run we ned someone to start a compatibility list like this guy says more input more info.(Or even a port to pandora?)Sure pandora could handle these games alot better than wiz or gp2x.)

In the original GINGE thread you will find a ton of information on compatibility, and exactly why certain things will never work. All that's missing is someone to compile it on the wiki. Hint, nudge, wink.
Yes and if you check you will see these games work they work on my gp2x and wiz same roms but not on the pandora i used the same roms on all three handhelds so?????????(open to ideas)

Last edited by a moderator:
GINGE is basically a compatibility layer (like WINE) that also emulates certain small parts of the GP2X hardware. It's not a full blown emulator, or a complete GP2X experience. I can't tell you why certain ROMs won't work when they worked on the GP2X, but it could be because FBA enables specific things for those games (memory hacks etc) that aren't supported by GINGE.

could not get batrider battle garega guwange or dodonpachi to run we ned someone to start a compatibility list like this guy says more input more info.(Or even a port to pandora?)Sure pandora could handle these games alot better than wiz or gp2x.)

I know Dodonpachi worked in FBA (didn't try the other 3), but I know that Dodonpachi and guwange work on the native Mame 106 port to Pandora - just make sure you don't have 2x scaling turned on. So if they work in mame on the pandora, why would you need to run them in FBA under Ginge?

Has anybody gotten any version of GnGeo working in Ginge?

I know Dodonpachi worked in FBA (didn't try the other 3), but I know that Dodonpachi and guwange work on the native Mame 106 port to Pandora - just make sure you don't have 2x scaling turned on. So if they work in mame on the pandora, why would you need to run them in FBA under Ginge?

Has anybody gotten any version of GnGeo working in Ginge?
Cheers m8 but i was talking about fba in ginge not actually getting these games to run on pandora the reason im interested is fba could run these games fullspeed without overclocking hell guwange and dodonpachi ran fullspeed on a psp???so the pandora should be able to ace that easily was just wondering how they didnt run in ginge havent tried any other app here just fba.

GINGE is basically a compatibility layer (like WINE) that also emulates certain small parts of the GP2X hardware. It's not a full blown emulator, or a complete GP2X experience. I can't tell you why certain ROMs won't work when they worked on the GP2X, but it could be because FBA enables specific things for those games (memory hacks etc) that aren't supported by GINGE.

I would go with Gruso's explanation

Just had a d'oh realisation on the topic of FBA... use the Wiz version, not the GP2X version. It'll actually work.

[edit] Seems quite buggy though. On launch it's a black screen until you press something. And ROM selection seems to skip every second one (it's selecting the next item when you hit down on the d-pad, but you can't see anything change until the next one. Weird.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a d'oh realisation on the topic of FBA... use the Wiz version, not the GP2X version. It'll actually work.

[edit] Seems quite buggy though. On launch it's a black screen until you press something. And ROM selection seems to skip every second one (it's selecting the next item when you hit down on the d-pad, but you can't see anything change until the next one. Weird.)
which romset is supported here newer or older builds the gp2x was an older build wiz i dont know pandora???

I still want a native port of Final Burn Alpha.

Seconded

There should be a better way to request ports. I'm sure there are some things which are more in demand than others, but as far as I know, the port requests are all just a list of everything that anybody has mentioned. Surely the things that people know EVERYBODY wants, such as Final Burn Alpha (I've seen a number of people requesting it) would get ported first. One would hope, anyway.

Back