GLES Status - Where we're at (Resolved - No issues)

Wally

I am a banana!
GLES at the moment doesn't seem to be working correctly via hardware but instead working via MESA.

I've been fiddling around with update-alternatives, breaking symbolic links to MESA and pointing directly at the /opt/omap5-sgx-whatever respective libraries and complely breaking GL for now so it doesn't pick that and all I can get is a window with a transparent center (I don't have any pictures right now as i'm at work)

Any ideas would be great as it'd be nice to get this going to port more stuff (This has been my biggest thing i've been poking instead of doing ports :) )

Ok, thangs for the post, because this means there is still air over the Pyra, ..
It would be an honor to make Videos about your next Ports, but i understand that its now priority to have working GLES..

I know its neccessarry for ports, as whitout working GLES, you need your whole Batterie just for Super Mario Land because the Pyra have to run full power..
Or something else was activated when i made the takes for the Pyra Mini Lets Play Super Mario Land when my Batterie got empty after the Submarine Level ^^,
I lack a bit of knowledge about what raw CPU Power whitouth Hardware Acelleration is needed for the tasks, ..
Is the Video Chip a bit like the Electro Engine on my E-Bike? Its works whitouth, but much easear whit..

from my experience so far, its a bit confusing that the Pandora whit only 700 mhz dit run Mario 64 whit ease, whyl the 4 times faster Pyra had some issues,
but when GLES makes such a big different, then there is a lot potential in this thing..

Its just a bit strange: I heard they run 4 x the PS1 Emulator on the Pyra Prototyphe on Gamescom, but on the Produktion Unit, its luck that at least on PS1 runs ^^

Maybe when we have directly compiled Emulatores...they will run @ lower cpu usage and so Not need that much Energy.

Reactions: rSl
The GBA emu that matty is talking about it almost certainly the one compiled by Wally, so specificially for the OMAP5 chip in the pyra already.

Its just a bit strange: I heard they run 4 x the PS1 Emulator on the Pyra Prototyphe on Gamescom, but on the Produktion Unit, its luck that at least on PS1 runs ^^
Old kernel, I assume. Old, buggy not for real use kernel, but one that was built with GLES to begin with. In the real world, we're trying to keep with a modern kernel or close to it, because of security holes in older kit.

That does make me wonder if there's any value in grabbing a copy of that old kernel and building GLES on it, and then working forward step by step.

No i refered to the DucktapeGBA Port of @FelixNemis , or at least he postet about in the Boards,
I dont know why my Batterie went flat on Super Mario Land, the last time i played through the whole game, its took only 20 % max ..

the last time i played through the whole game, its took only 20 % max ..
Maybe you played with a different screen (or keyboard) brightness ? This eats up a lot of power I guess, it might be (at least a part of) the difference you saw there

But i allways played on the lowest brightness, like on the Pandora,
Maybe it was because i dont played whit Bluetooth Audio Mode over Airpods for the "Lets Play", but whit the internal speakers?
And i ditnt looked on the percent when i begun whit the Playing, i wanted to show it, but then forgott to show it..
Also: When there is this Audio Bug, i make a Savestate, and shut down the Emulator until the bug is gone, ..
When i continue the Mini Lets Play, i think i will show the Batterie Percent first..

But as this Thread is over OpenGL: The DucktapeMGBA Port runs quite good, at least on the Games i testet, it even played the NES Classic Collection Games (Zelda, Zelda 2, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Castlevania, Exitebike, etc), which dont even work on a Original GBA whit EverDrive..

Back