Gmenu2x Not Adding Links

BobBorakovitz

Hardcore Gamer
Website
gameprobe32.blogspot.com
Hey everyone, I've tried to use GMenu2x ever since v0.2 but have constantly had problems adding links to it. The default links work fine (ie: eBook, Movies, Music, Photos, Exit, etc) but custom links never work for me.

I've got the newest version installed, v0.5, and this is what happens when I try to add a new link:

I added a new folder for emulators and added an icon as well, that shows up fine, but when I press select it says, "Add link in emulators." No problem, I press the B button and it show the file browser and says "Select an application" I go to my "Emu" folder and then navigate to any .gpe file and press the B button again but it just goes back to the menu without showing any links! This happens with EVERY application I try! Even in the standard "Games" folder! I just don't know what's going wrong here!

Between versions I've always removed the autorun file and the gmenu2x folder from the card before copying the new version over. I don't think my installation is wrong, his website says to copy the autorun file and the gmenu2x folder to the root of the SD card. I've not edited any of the files at all, so it's not the DOS line endings problem, either. I've NEVER gotten this to work right, unfortunately, but I'm sure that someone here will have the answer I'm looking for!

Thanks for the help in advance, guys! :)

You probably have a corrupt sd card.. I also problems with it..
Take a backup of you SD, and format it. Then put it all back in..

If it's a little corrupt, Linux sets it as read only, so Gmenu can't write to it.
Just try it. I'm almost 100% sure that it's the case.

Back