[CUT]​

Menu-0.4-vkeyboard.png

Changelog:
----------
New in 0.4
----------
Fixed flickering in context menu
Fixed bug that prevented correct launch of some applications
Interface color configurable (START brings up an options menu) (removed img/selection.png)
Saves and restores last selected section and link
Added global config file
Sections with no icon are displayed with a default one (icons/section.png)
Added virtual keyboard for editing title and description of links
Links created through file browser are truncated if too long[/CUT]

Awesome. :)

Now there's only one thing I still want: ability to change icons through GMenu2x. Just replace the "file selector" with an image selector, and after you have selected the image to use either allow GMenu2x to:

1) put selected image as the program's default icon (same as copying a .png to the GPE's folder and renaming it to program.png where program is the program's name) so it also becomes the default when using the regular GP2x firmware's menu
2) copy the selected icon to GMenu2x's ICONS folder and pointing the program's icon in GMenu2x options to there (assign the icon in the icons folder to the program)
3) do nothing: only assign the GMenu2x's icon to the icon you selected

That would be awesome if that was possible.. :)

Nice release, gMenu is getting better and better ;)

for the next release, what about the possibility to use larger icons? for example, i love the Liquido skin, i already changed the background, and i'd like tu use its icons, but without resizing them, for there is some text in them, and they overlap, and the 'highlightening' and text positions are bad, too

I haven't paid much attention, but I think in the last release, the icon-highlighting was a bit 'blurry', which was (in my humble opinion ;) ) better-looking

In the quest for perfection, why not add a feature for choosing an icon? and in the start menu, another to change background ;)

I'm sorry if I'm annoying you ;) but I was just thinking these options could be more user-friendly ;) Your menu replacement is already very good! You've got my congratulations ;) (even if it doesn't sound so useful :ph34r: )

*edit* too late for the icon-stuff :(

Looking nice so far. Are you planning to add a scan option that will automatically create links? (I've got pretty much every homebrew game from the archives and am not too keen on creating links for all of them)

YAY!

(I installed it and tested before the mod approved the topic ;))

I Love the feature to change the transparency/colors of the selector bars. Is there a way to change only the bottom status bar's color/opacity? Tanks again for all you hard work on this project; I'm never going back to the stock menu again :D

Edit: Yes, I mis-spelled 'thanks' and was going to change it, but decided not to.

</rebel>

reiboul posted on Aug 29 2006 at 04:35 PM said:

for the next release, what about the possibility to use larger icons? for example, i love the Liquido skin, i already changed the background, and i'd like tu use its icons, but without resizing them, for there is some text in them..

I haven't paid much attention, but I think in the last release, the icon-highlighting was a bit 'blurry', which was (in my humble opinion ;) ) better-looking

Larger icons means less icons. That would suck as my emus page is pretty much full already. Too many options means larger file and longer load times. Just re-size them and change the text in a graphics editor.

The cursor was a graphic file. It would be nice to make it anything that you draw, was that removed? I can't try it right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Aug 29 2006 at 07:06 PM said:
reiboul posted on Aug 29 2006 at 04:35 PM said:

for the next release, what about the possibility to use larger icons? for example, i love the Liquido skin, i already changed the background, and i'd like tu use its icons, but without resizing them, for there is some text in them..

Larger icons means less icons. That would suck as my emus page is pretty much full already. Too many options means larger file and longer load times. Just re-size them and change the text in a graphics editor.

The cursor was a graphic file. It would be nice to make it anything that you draw, was that removed? I can't try it right now.

i didn't meant that ALL icons had to be larger, but allow the use of icons of different sizes, but that means algorythms to place them well, and adapt the cursor size...

Last edited by a moderator:
this menu is better than any app ive seen for the gp2x so far, it is now abundantly easy to let my frineds play my gp2x now without them asking about how to get in and around menus, im never TOUCHING the stock menu again! Ryo your work on this application is amazing and the speed at which you update this is great.

Great work again Ryo. By now this launcher has pretty much everything I could ask for except one; is there a way to set link specific gamma values for each program, kinda like how you can save cpu speed values?

I changed the gamma globally in the cpuspeed.sh, but the setting I like for most emulators makes games like Duke Nukem too dark to be playable. Right now I'm using a workaround by sending gmenu to a script which has changed gamma values, but was hoping to avoid that middle step.

Thanks again.

I really like this menu now that you can add your links from within it :)

I, too, would like an option of larger icons. I think it's a little small right now and I really don't mind scrolling or changing a page if I have to.

If you have the time and the will;

Could you add a function (under settings for example) to edit the bottom color, the upper color, and over color seperately from eachother?

That would even be more awesome then it already is :)

Hey how about rename files in this menu not links but files!! I really want it !!I can't rename files and folders on my gp2x only from qtopia and i hope you add this!!!

Back