Gmenu2x V0.9 Released

ryosaeba

Certified Guru
Website
mtorromeo.github.com
It's been a while but here's GMenu2X 0.9!

gmenu2x09ut0.png

This version introduces:

Ram timings
You can now apply the famous ram timings tweaks from inside GMenu2X for every link, without having to write complex scripts.

Translations
GMenu2X is now also available in the following languages: Italian, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, German, French, Finnish, Portuguese, Swedish, Slovak, Norwegian and Russian.
If you want to contribute a translation, you'll find the latest strings to translate at this page: Translation template

Skins/Wallpapers support
It is now possible to change skins and wallpapers on the fly from 2 dedicated links in the settings section.
The wallpaper list will show all the wallpapers from the currently selected skin and from the Default one, so you can safely place you custom wallpapers in the "skins/Default/wallpapers" directory.

Fixed tv-out
Tv-out display is now working correctly, and it can be activated from within GMenu2X. There are still some issues to solve, but it's already working.

Full Changelog
CODE

Added gamma setting (global and per-link)
Added option to tweak ram timings
Added skins support
Added link to activate tv-out
Added support for multiple wallpapers
Color of message dialogs changeable by skins
Automatic icon association for links with icons found in the skin "icons" directory
Adding a link to a file without gpu or gpe extension automatically enables the wrapper feature
Added support for translations (Italian, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, German, French, Finnish, Portuguese, Swedish, Slovak, Norwegian and Russian included)
Use of a new font code which supports (some) utf8 characters
Added graphics for gp2x buttons
Moved screenshot in the selector under the text
[selFullPath] is automatically added at the end of the params when using the selector and no [marker] is specified
Easier access to the last row of links
Moved manual indicator to the bottom bar
Save screenshot with A+L+R (only on the main screen)
SD corruption when using USB on certain setups should be fixed
Fixed half tv-out screen
Fixed flickering in various locations
Fixed bugs in the manuals navigation system
Other small changes

Grab it at the official homepage

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, the best menu around keeps on getting better :) Thank you Ryo!

Ryo said:
fusion_power said:
Whats new since to the last beta of v0.9?
Another translation (Slovak), more letters in the font and various bug fixes

Ah, yes I see. You have seperated the Config sections for Gmenu and Skin, nice. With your Translation template it was easy to add the last missing strings into my own translation. :)
Now I'm just waiting for a updated Liquido-Skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
yay!

...gmenu2x is right up there with mmuhack, open2x, gpu940 & various program libs and more as one of the progams that turns the potential of the gp2x into reality.

for instance, there's many programs that work well enough that i haven't bothered to write scripts to tweak gamma or ram timings, but with gmenu it's quick and painless, so my apps become that much more enjoyable, with no time investment. another example: i'm actually more inclined to load up gpfce because of the nice gmenu selector (where i have all the kickass box art :D)

the quality of the ui is imo one of the most important aspects of a computing platform.

so thank you very much for this, ryo.

Love the new look. Gmenu is my most used program and great to see an update.

For anyone else that has a problem with the volume setting either not sticking, or is resetting to the default setting when you set the volume for an application to 0, here's a tip.

Set your Gmenu2x default volume to 0
You can then adjust your separate application volumes as necessary
Remember to adjust the application volume through the edit link menu otherwise the volume setting may still not stick

Hope that was some help.

Back