Gngeo Configuration

DavidBeoulve

GP2X by EvilDragon OC's to 280-300MHz
Website
www.gamersgonebad.com
Post your GnGeo conf file contents! I've looked all over the forums. GnGeo works but it says the CPU is at 200MHz, and I have no idea how to use the selector UNIX text document. It's not in TFM, as they say ;)
  • What is the difference between the "conf" directory with the file "gngeorc" in it and "gngeo2x_config" in the root emulator directory? Both seem to have shared settings.
  • In "gngeo2x_config", how do I choose a command-line option? GnGeo starts up and lists directories for me, which I can then use to select the "roms" directory and choose a game, but I can't do anything else.
Thanks guys.

Also - this punts me back to the GP2X menu:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 280
cd /mnt/sd/emulators/neogeo/
./gngeo
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
280MHz works fine for Quake so...

You should use the Rage2x front-end for gngeo. It lets you overclock the 2x's processor and underclock the neogeo processor. :)

Post your GnGeo conf file contents! I've looked all over the forums. GnGeo works but it says the CPU is at 200MHz, and I have no idea how to use the selector UNIX text document. It's not in TFM, as they say ;)
  • What is the difference between the "conf" directory with the file "gngeorc" in it and "gngeo2x_config" in the root emulator directory? Both seem to have shared settings.
  • In "gngeo2x_config", how do I choose a command-line option? GnGeo starts up and lists directories for me, which I can then use to select the "roms" directory and choose a game, but I can't do anything else.
Thanks guys.
gngeorc is the main config file for gngeo. gngeo2x_config is the Selector config file. It's completly independant of gngeo. I know it's a little complicated :) As sugested, install rage2x, it will be a lot more simple
With Selector, to change the command line option, push Y (IIRC), the cmd will change in the bottom of the screen. With rage2x, nearly everything is configurable when you press select.
Also - this punts me back to the GP2X menu:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/sd/cpu_speed.gpe 1 2 280
cd /mnt/sd/emulators/neogeo/
./gngeo
sync

cd /usr/gp2x/
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
280MHz works fine for Quake so...
It can't work this way, because gngeo don't have any gui (that's the purpose of Selector and Rage2x)
Gngeo can overclock the cpu by itself with the --cpu_cpeed option. Again, rage2x support this option very well ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesomeness, Pepone and Lordfu! It looks like I shall have NeoGeo games to show off at work today! This morning!

And thank you, Pepone, for your hard work on the emulator.

*goes off to find the frontend in the archive*

Well the front-end is installed, though I had to find several more .rom files - the last one was "vs-bios.rom".

I tried to run "Last Blade 2" - so the emulator dumped the graphics, and then BAM! I'm in GnGeo's ... file selection. I try to load LB2 again, reloads the rom - punts me back to the GP2X menu.

I try again, same deal.

Hrgh?

Once I get this working I plan on providing a one-stop shop where folks can download all they need to get this working, albeit in parts. It's quite a chore to find things from varying sources. No IT guy would tell his users "Uh, go find some anti-virus update on Google." Mileage more than varies. But that's my limited human interface engineering / usability background talking :p

Check the romrc file and make sure the filenames match. Search last blade and look inside the zip, renaming the files that end in letters (for example, if a filename was lb2_m1.bin and the romrc is looking for 273_m1.rom, rename it to that, lb2_m2.bin to 273_m2.rom, etc).

Thank you, but it's not the ROM, this happens for any ROM. My GnGeo configuration is bad.

Edit: I found a Neo Geo BIOS/ROMset buried in a Torrent collection of the Metal Slug series, so I'm going to try that.

Edit 2: Okay! Neo Geo works, now. Last Blade 2 doesn't - I wonder if it's because it unpacked unsuccessfully? Going to try to clean the rom and re-copy it over.

Edit 3: Last Blade 2 dumps the graphics and every time it finishes it dumps me into GnGeo (not the Rage2x front-end). Trying to load the ROM from there dumps me back to GnGeo. Eh? Somebody help me get Last Blade 2 working I love that game :rolleyes: Last Blade 1 dumped successfully and plays.

Thank you, but it's not the ROM, this happens for any ROM. My GnGeo configuration is bad.

Edit: I found a Neo Geo BIOS/ROMset buried in a Torrent collection of the Metal Slug series, so I'm going to try that.

Edit 2: Okay! Neo Geo works, now. Last Blade 2 doesn't - I wonder if it's because it unpacked unsuccessfully? Going to try to clean the rom and re-copy it over.

Edit 3: Last Blade 2 dumps the graphics and every time it finishes it dumps me into GnGeo (not the Rage2x front-end). Trying to load the ROM from there dumps me back to GnGeo. Eh? Somebody help me get Last Blade 2 working I love that game :rolleyes: Last Blade 1 dumped successfully and plays.
Eh, when you do figure this stuff out please do go ahead with that one-stop idea of yours. I can't get KoF'94 and Last Blade running for the life of me. At least Drift Out works ok, and racing is all I need for now :D

Edit: nevermind my newbiness. Just managed to get them both working, it appears that what was causing them not to was the overclocking settings at 266 (damn my bad luck, no good OCing for me). I simply edited the config file and took out the overclocking so that the line only had the --sound parameter, and now all my games (Neo Drift Out, KoF'94 and Last Blade) are running incredibly well, even without overclocking and sound! I'm really impressed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back