Gngeo2x 0.7 - Bad Rom Sets

aggettzz

Still Fresh
Got myself a GP2X last week and have been having a great deal of fun with it.
I decided to finally try out GnGeo2x as I've always loved the metal slug series.

I've installed the emulator and also the BIOS files (renamed as well) and downloaded metal slug 1
to try it out first and foremost. It pops up in Rage2x so I attempt to load it up but get a Bad rom error
'Unknow or unsupported rom set, check your rom.rc' I go through the motions of checking off each file making sure it is named correctly and try again. Same error.

I figure the rom set must be a bad dump so I download another rom set for metal slug, this time the zip had different file names but they were under alternate in the rc file so I assumed it would be ok. Same error. I try another download of metal slug 1 off another site. same error. again. same error.

I'm pretty sure I've downloaded metal slug 1 about 10 times off various sites and torrents now so I resorted to trying a different BIOS. I try Uni-Bios 1.3 then 1.4 then 1.5 all of them produce the bad rom set error on all of the roms I have so far tried. I find another couple of sets of BIOS files and try them but to no avail.

Crap I think, I might have to ask for some help.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction for 'good' roms and/or BIOS?
Yes I know we can't post links, but a hint or two could go along way :)

Cheers,
Agz

i was having a similar problem with gngeo and league bowling. Turned out that the roms in my zip file had the suffix .rom when the emulator was expecting .bin I renamed the files and rezipped and it worked. Hope this helps

antaresuk said:
i was having a similar problem with gngeo and league bowling. Turned out that the roms in my zip file had the suffix .rom when the emulator was expecting .bin I renamed the files and rezipped and it worked. Hope this helps
It ended up being a bad dump (10 times unlucky I guess) found a site that had some good roms that seem to work fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back