Gngeo2x 0.7 Beta 11

pepone

Pouet! Pouet! Do want!
Website
m.peponas.free.fr
so basically... this could mean it won't freeze for me anymore? Trying right now...

i do prefer Gngeo standalone without rageFrontend
gonna try it now :)

60fps for Mslug5 & Nightmare in the dark with 22khz sound and 200mhz cpu
sound is crystal clear
noticed that going on volume down over the 0 value it starts again in full-volume ..

Great!
Now it should be wonder if graphic glitches with raster effects can be solved ;)

euro48k said:
i do prefer Gngeo standalone without rageFrontend
gonna try it now :)

60fps for Mslug5 & Nightmare in the dark with 22khz sound and 200mhz cpu
sound is crystal clear
noticed that going on volume down over the 0 value it starts again in full-volume ..
Great to see it's working quite well. I'm aware of the sound bug, but I can't reproduce it... But it's on my bugfix-todo-list ;) As well as raster effect glitch and sound getting sometimes distorted.

Last edited by a moderator:
pepone said:
...As well as raster effect glitch and sound getting sometimes distorted.
Very good! Turf Master with Raster effects and without glitches sounds great. :) I hope, the activated Raster effects doesn't drop the frames to much at 200MHz. ^^

fusion_power said:
pepone said:
...As well as raster effect glitch and sound getting sometimes distorted.
Very good! Turf Master with Raster effects and without glitches sounds great. :) I hope, the activated Raster effects doesn't drop the frames to much at 200MHz. ^^

raster effect are still done in pure C, so there is room for improvement ;)

Thanks for the update.

BUG: I seem to be getting very bad quality sound from this version with Pulstar. I tried Pulstar and the sound is all staticky from the beginning, sounds like I have 2 blown speakers. Anyone else?

pepone said:
raster effect are still done in pure C, so there is room for improvement ;)
Sounds promising. :) On the original Console(s), raster effects could be done without much Hardware power afaik, right? I don't know much about emulation but the original effect was to use the way, a Console draw the images on screen line for line from top to down. And the raster effects just sets some specific layers in another alignment than others, so the Megadrive could do dozens of Parallax Layers in Sonic Games even with only 2 or 3 possible Hardware layers for example. ^^
Really an impressive technique. Can the GP2X handle this in the same way like the original Consoles during drawing a pic on screen or must he emulate this whole thing completely in Software?

awesome. If only I could figure out how to get rid of the memory card save messages in league bowling it would be perfect.

antaresuk said:
awesome. If only I could figure out how to get rid of the memory card save messages in league bowling it would be perfect.

Easy, set the uni-bios to be arcade and not console. I dont get any messages about memory cards like that :)

thanks fo the release, its working fine it seems, but, could you add a 3thr button to the service mode button combo?, sometimes i acidentally push the stick while evading in kof or samurai shodow 4(pressing R at the same thime) :(

shinra said:
thanks fo the release, its working fine it seems, but, could you add a 3thr button to the service mode button combo?, sometimes i acidentally push the stick while evading in kof or samurai shodow 4(pressing R at the same thime) :(
Ok, I note that for the next release ;)

Just leave out the stick-click completely and have everyone do it like us dpad users with the select button.
Or switch to volume middle like it is starting to get standardised in recent apps.

Hi Pepone, thanks a lot for all your effort.

do you think that vsync can be implemented now that everything goes 60fps at 200mhz?
If I remember correctly you talked about a sort of easy add to the code, I think that it could be a definitive improvement in the whole experience!

Thanks a lot,

Aruseman

ok i played this new version and there is one thing that happens to me.
after some playtime the sound starts to get choppy, (with or without ram tweaks) the time it delays to happen is more at 240 mhz(at 200mhz it happens in a short time). dunno if this is still a bug or is only my poor gp2x.

This is a great release!

I still have the problem like shinra where the sound gets choppy (or even static like) after about a minute or so of playing, it only lasts about 20 seconds than it goes better again and repeats.

Thanks for your work on this pepone!

Back