lintsniffer

Duke Nukem 3D = Crazy Delicious!
Website
Visit site
I downloaded GnGeo2x and Metalslug 1-4

this is the readme

Here is the port of gngeo to the GP2X.

Compilation from source:
# ./configure --build=i386 --host=arm-linux --target=arm-linux --enable-gp2x=yes --disable-i386asm --enable-cyclone
# make

Instalation:
- Just unzip the dist in a dir call gngeo or whatever
- Put a neogeo bios (unzip it!) in the roms dir
- Edit the conf/gngeorc if you want.
- Put your favorites roms anywhere

Launch gngeo by chossing gngeo2x from the games menu.
While in the game select screen, push Y to enable sound (see the bottom of the screen)

Jostick configuration:
For now, it's not configurable, and don't support macro

Quit: R and StickPush
BIOS: L

Neogeo | GP2X
B : B
C : A
D : Y
Stick : Stick :)

BIG ROM Support:
**** NEW ****
Gngeo 0.6.10 can now automaticaly dump the gfx file if the selected roms is to large to fit in memory.
You just have to select a game in Selector, then gngeo will create the needed gfx file and exit. Just re-launch
the game to enjoy it.
Dumping gfx is a very slooowww process, so be patient :)

Old method (still valid):
Gngeo 0.6.7 add Big roms support on the gp2x. The principe is simply to mmap a special dump file and use
it as gfx memory. This file have to be created on your box before.
I'm pleasently surprised by the result. On my modest SD, games like rbff1 are playable. A fast SD is still
recomended
Please note that newer (encrypted) roms support is very limited in gngeo. But some hacked one made for
NeoRageX work.

Here is a little tutorial to enable big rom support.
- The first things to do is to compile the dumpgfx utilitie for your platform. A version is available for linux. Help is wanted to port it on other platform (especialy MacOS & Windows)
. Untar the dumpgfx.tgz available in the source package of gngeo,
or here http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/dumpgfx.tgz
. go to the dumpgfx dir
. Compilation is a simple "gcc *.c -o dumpgfx -lz"
- Now, Create a dump with "./dumpgfx games.zip" where games.zip is the game you want to dump.
- A .gfx should have been created
- Copy this gfx file in the gngeo's roms dir on your sdcard
- Don't forget to copy the rom too ;)
- Now you can launch the rom as usually, and enjoy.

Compatibility/issue :
- Sound is not optimized, and make the emulation slow.
- Sound volume is fixed.
- I'm a newbie in arm asm, so my sprite drawing optimisation may not be optimum

That's all folk
I made a folder with the games and put them in the rom folder as specified. In the browser withing GnGeo2x, it finds the folders (i.e. mslug) but wont open them or open any of the contents.

I'm asssuming these games are 'big roms', but I have no idea what that part of the readme is talking about. Also whats a 'neogeo bios'? I know what a BIOS is, so do I have to download that seperately, or what? I'm thinking it might be a ROM, but I don't know.

Thanks.

I made a folder with the games and put them in the rom folder as specified. In the browser withing GnGeo2x, it finds the folders (i.e. mslug) but wont open them or open any of the contents.

I'm asssuming these games are 'big roms', but I have no idea what that part of the readme is talking about. Also whats a 'neogeo bios'? I know what a BIOS is, so do I have to download that seperately, or what? I'm thinking it might be a ROM, but I don't know.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Okay dude, first of all, you certainly need the bios, or nothing will work. A quick search on Google will turn it up. Once you've got it, you unzip it and put all the bios files in the rom folder with the games. Should be smooth sailing from there, as the GnGeo2x version that you are using has the dump fix feature incorporated. To be on the safe side, however, I suggest you try a simple rom first (windjammers, football freenzy) that doesn't require a dump fix, just to make shure that you've got everything set up right. H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
don't unzip the rom packages either! It sounds like you are unzipping all the roms.
Just put the bios files and your neogeo zips into the rom folder.

Ok, I got the bios and zipped roms in the correct folder. In GnGeo I pick the .zip file and it flashes a black screen with a mouse cursor, then pops back to the gngeo menu.

Thanks for the help.

Back