Gnome player

sukhi2011

This player plays many formats and speed isn't to bad most videos run fast,i'm using it on x11 which is slower,i use this for tv out mode and displays it perfect and full screen.

The problem is i can't see this player in mini menu and i want to overclock to 800mhz speed,other players like smplayer and vlc run full speed with overclocking but weird this is some avi files fun fast and some slow in vlc,i'm using dvd drive to play my movies,any help will do for gnome player.

I get the impression you just demand and demand without really knowing what you are doing sometimes.

I think this could be easy to recompile. So why not go to irc, install a toolchain, read up on compiling, porting etc. and try to make a pnd of it yourself?

That might show you how hard and timeconsuming it is to port and optimize this stuff.

Good luck and see you on irc, if you have questions.

I'm not demanding much,i only asked if it can be overclocked and you having a go at me saying i'm demanding at.

You can't just say i'm demanding,when someone needs help,get your facts right,you are so weird.

If it can't be done,just say no,rather saying make a pnd yourself,i'm afraid i'm not intersting making pnd or developing any sorts of programs.

You can just overclock and run it, so where is the problem?

And sorry for the small rant. Maybe I'm a bit confused, as I sometimes can't really understand what you are going at.

It is not in minimenu, as it is not a pndapp. So building a pnd from it would solve that. But really it is just a mplayer frontend, like smplayer and panplayer. i don't know what you really want.

I think to get all features you want etc, you should learn how to use mplayer from commandline.

Last edited by a moderator:
All i want to overclock the gnome player so the videos can run faster.

As you know vlc default speed is 500mhz by overclocking it 1000mhz runs full speed.

I thought you normally run your Pandora at 1300Mhz. What is it you expect mplayer to do that you aren't already doing?

You can just overclock globally. No need for every app to overclock seperately. Just use the cpuspeed tool in the firmware and run the player.

If i run it globally the battery will drain faster and no all apps need overclocking.

Default is 500mhz,if i overclock the cpu speed to 700 or 800mhz that will give less usage time than 500mhz,if i ran it globally and every app will run on this setting,thats why i didn't do it,so is it good idea.

WRONG!

it will only drain faster if the task that is being processed uses the extrat speed, if it doesnt need the extar power it wont use it so shouldnt drain your battery more (or at least not how you seem to think).

Ok that's great.

Gnome player does not show any speed increase from 500-1000mhz,1000mhz speed is same as 500,so it not worth overclocking at all,xv funs full speed does not come on tv screen pandora does not support this mode and x11 runs slower works on tv but not worth watching on tv it's really slow runs in slow motion,i hope in near future we can get xv run on tv.

It runs amazing well on 500mhz speed,problem with pandora runs on tv with x11 to get good speed we need to overclock to 800-1000mhz processor,which is to fast when you can run with xv with default clock speed.

Back