Going On Trip To Australia.....

Hey

Well i have a almost full day of sitting on a plane to australia next sunday, Im going on japan airways so im not sure what the in flight entertainment will be like. Ii have 2 128mb cards and a 32mb card for my gp32, what do you reckon i should put on there to keep me occupied? i have ot really been keeping up with all the news l8ly so i dont know what emus are worth downloading and what games work full speed etc

cheers

Andy

chunk-e-munk-e: If you're really lucky you'll be on a JAL 777 - which is simply the best airplane ever - they have user on demand movies, games the lot. I think they've also just upgrade to wi-fi too!!! if it's not a 777 - don't expect much apart from a jap movie about the life of a guide dog all in jap of course! :)

Kolkman posted on Jul 19 2004 at 09:22 AM said:
centrlink posted on Jul 19 2004 at 10:03 AM said:
You lucky chap - Australia is indeed the best country in the world.

:p
If you like dust, not too many people and kangaroos...
Well its better than snow, even less people and more snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rofl

i dont know how to find out wether i am in a JAL 777, any ideas?

Here is my flight info if anybody can find out for me:

To Aus:

Heathrow - Kansai Int (Fl No. 0422) Dep: 25/07/2004 18:55 Arriv: 26/07/2004 14:55

Kansai Int - Brisbane (Fl No. 0777) Dep: 26/07/2004 21:30 Arriv: 27/07/2004 07:00

From Aus:

Brisbane - Narita (Fl No. 0762) Dep: 23/08/2004 08:55 Arriv: 23/08/2004 16:45

Narita - Heathrow (Fl No. 0401) Dep: 24/08/2004 12:00 Arriv: 24/08/2004 16:25

:)

I was on holiday the other week and a GP32 really is a life-saver. Games, movies, music and more...it's like a portable media centre!

On a single 128Mb card I managed to fit two 30 min anime episodes, a NES, SMS, PCEngine, Atari ST and Megadrive emulator with around 10 games each, Monkey Island 1&2, Doom 1 shareware, Tomak, Pinball Dreams and around 10 homebrew games including Tiebreak tennis, Drunken Arcade and Apple Striker.

But I only really played on the Megadrive emulator and watched the anime episodes, so...

ZardozJones posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:37 AM said:
chunk-e-munk-e: If you're really lucky you'll be on a JAL 777 - which is simply the best airplane ever - they have user on demand movies, games the lot. I think they've also just upgrade to wi-fi too!!! if it's not a 777 - don't expect much apart from a jap movie about the life of a guide dog all in jap of course! :)
Autrailia, what crime did you commit.....anyway...

Zardoz, are you into planes or just the gadgets on em?

Although I'm no plane spotter, I do like a good plane.

Anyone else a plane fan...play Aerobiz on the Snes. Second best game on the Snes.

Seriously, Aerobiz is brilliant. I even have the original cart, imported from an American Second hand show when I was a wee boy for $5. Find of the century. The game changed my life....I'll elaborate if you care. But not now, because I'm going to play Aerobiz. Aerobiz rocks.

bomb.JPG

Kop_007 posted on Jul 19 2004 at 06:04 PM said:
ZardozJones posted on Jul 19 2004 at 08:37 AM said:
Autrailia, what crime did you commit.....anyway...

Zardoz, are you into planes or just the gadgets on em?

Although I'm no plane spotter, I do like a good plane.

Anyone else a plane fan...play Aerobiz on the Snes. Second best game on the Snes.

Seriously, Aerobiz is brilliant. I even have the original cart, imported from an American Second hand show when I was a wee boy for $5. Find of the century. The game changed my life....I'll elaborate if you care. But not now, because I'm going to play Aerobiz. Aerobiz rocks.

bomb.JPG
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great picture.

im flying to the brisbane, then going to fraser island for 2 days. Then going to rockhampton to meet my cousin, then going to keppel island for 2 days, then back to rockhampton for a few days. Then to port douglas (wherever that is) then fly to darwin, go to catherine gorge. then fly to brisbane and stay there for 2 days.

where abouts are you cheespam?

I'm off to Aus around January time, I'll ask if any guys fancy meetin up on my travels before I leave.

Just warning for you, so you have time to move to a different country etc before I get there.

Swiss_Cheesespam posted on Jul 19 2004 at 09:48 AM said:
Kolkman posted on Jul 19 2004 at 09:22 AM said:
centrlink posted on Jul 19 2004 at 10:03 AM said:
You lucky chap - Australia is indeed the best country in the world.

:p
If you like dust, not too many people and kangaroos...
Well its better than snow, even less people and more snow.
No it ain't. :p (crosscountry skiing rocks!)

Well, I'd suggest you take something longlasting with you on your trip. Try Gianas Return if you like platformers; that game is huge (hint: pay attention to details). If you haven't played Numo, you could try that; it's a fun puzzle game. Vertical is IMO the most fun non-commercial shooter on the GP32, even though it isn't that long.

You could also bring an RPG along on an well-emulated system like the NES or GBC.

Another good thing would be a ScummVM game, if you like those types of games.

We actually have snow fields here, in victoria and southern NSW. I've been to perisher blue, it isn't bad.

Thing that I like the most about australia is the variety, it has a bit of everything on the east coast.

Back