Goldeneye & Perfect Dark N64

H

hakmanplayer

Hello all,

I was just curious to find out how people are able to play either Goldeneye 007 or Perfect Dark on their Pandora's??? [mupen64plus of course]

Are they played flawless or flawed ?? Perhaps there could be a numerical rating on a 1-10 scale..?

I was wondering if i should attempt to download those games?

I currently can play 6 n64 games[ almost flawless 9/10]. I thought these 2 would be pretty demanding CPU/Graphic wise??

Could you please advise ?

Regards,

h

Last edited:
I hear that GoldenEye runs better than before, not sure about Perfect Dark.

And I'd be careful about mentioning that you download ROMs. Every time I do, the shit hits the fan. ;)

I hear that GoldenEye runs better than before, not sure about Perfect Dark.

And I'd be careful about mentioning that you download ROMs. Every time I do, the shit hits the fan. ;)
This whole downloading games malarky is a bit like drink driving isn't it? Everyone does it but it's not proper ettiquette to talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not drink of a thriving trunk.

Also, I'm tired :)

But more to the point - The thing about not mentioning doing certain illegal things is less of a moral stance and more of a practical precaution. The most obvious threat to all these little handhelds that has been part of this scene has always been that one of the Big Ones (i.e. Sony or Nintendo) decides to stomp out the ants that are tickling the soles of its feet. That, or ED getting a heart attack and Craig finally going mad. Anyways: The obvious way for someone like S or N to start stomping would be to play the piracy card, by sending in a team of lawyers going "Oi! This is, like, a Piracy Device! Looky here, in the official forums, they are FileShareing and Downloading and all kinds of very immoral things!!! We demand an injunction! Cease and Desist! All your pandas are belong to us!!!"

Therefore, it makes sense to keep the official forums, and anything officially related to OPT, clean from anything that might be held as incriminating. Whatever you do on your free time, and whatever you discuss with your online friends, is none of anybodys business, as long as you don't do it here. Don't crap where you eat sort of thing.

In the cases of these boards and GP32X, I understand. But if we were on NintendoLife and discussed this in relation to the Wii or 3DS? Trying to hush that up would be silly.

It's probably possible to get it going faster than that by setting the graphical plugin to the bare basic original N64 set up.

I wonder what the performance is going to be like on these new dual-core Cortex A9's *cough* Pandora 2 :)

Although, I would like to receive my Pandora 1 before that.

Don't have a video to back me up, but Goldeneye plays well, just very slowly. I'm running it at 750MHz, and need to tweak the settings a little, but it does run.

Perfect Dark runs fine about 63% of the time, with the audio skipping a lot, but the game running generally fine. The other 37% has it looping the intro video for some reason, with no way for me to start the game. It does need the expansion pak enabled, as with on the original N64, otherwise you won't be able to do much aside from some combat training and basic sims.

Does anyone know how to:

a ) exit mupen64plus gracefully from in game, instead of pressing the pandora button which crashes the program to desktop

b ) save control and plugin settings between sessions - might be due to the aforementioned crash to desktop as my only way of exiting

c ) set up the controls properly - every time I try to remap the controls to something more proper on the Pandora, either half the new mappings don't work, or else the game doesn't want to start for some reason.

I wonder what the performance is going to be like on these new dual-core Cortex A9's *cough* Pandora 2 :)

I thought the Pandora 2 was going to have two discrete quad-core A15 chips.

Excuse the offtopicness of this post.

Aurekana said:

No, it's going to have a Positronic brain, with "Blast Processing"

Also, due to it's time bending abilities. The Pandora 2 was created long before the birth of Craig, and sadly is no longer in production yet.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Does anyone know how to:

a ) exit mupen64plus gracefully from in game, instead of pressing the pandora button which crashes the program to desktop
Alt + F4 works. However, F4 requires the Fn key. It's not the 3 easiest buttons to press at the same time, but I prefer it to a force kill which is basically the Pandora button method.

Aurekana said:

No, it's going to have a Positronic brain, with "Blast Processing"

Also, due to it's time bending abilities. The Pandora 2 was created long before the birth of Craig, and sadly is no longer in production yet.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

It is 2011 don't you mean Blast Processing 2.0?

sorry posted in the wrong thread. That's what I get for using the stalker site and forgetting which link I clicked.

On the latest version of mupen64plus perfect dark runs perfectly for me at 850MHz and golden eye is playable at 850MHz but lags slightly and at 1000MHz it runs near perfect slight lag every 30 sec or so but not near enough to affect game play however it does tend to crash alot at this speed for me so i rarely go that high. Might be something to do with how my Pandoras set up that reduces reliability though, not to sure. i also find quake2 crashes consistantly on my system aswell no matter what settings and speeds i use.

Back