Goldeneye

GiG

The mighty penguin cat
Website
www.webalice.it
Hey, do you know how to go through the blocked door in the 5th level of Goldeneye? The name of the level is "the waste tunnels", and the door is in the big room with the planisphere, the big... eye(?), and 2 burning barrels in the middle.

When you go down the stairs just go straight on past the eye, theres a door to the exit. (thats if were thinking about the same level, hehehe)

Also, can you change weapons?

It is the level that starts in the small circular room with blinking lights. In this level there are 3 destroyable cameras, long corridors where appears lots of blue guards from teleporters, and, as I already said, a big room with 2 columns, 2 burning barrels, a planisphere on the left, a big sort of black eye, 2 small useless rooms. You access this big room going down the stairs and going left.

............__..................___
...........I I.................I...I
...........I I____.............I_I.I
...........I____..I____..........I.I
................I.:....I.........I.I
................I.:_.._I.........I.I
................I.I.IOI______....I.I
................I.I.I........I...I.I
.......__...____I.I_I____..._I___I.I
..____I_ I_I..._________...._______I
..I.............I......_I..I_
..I.............I.....I......I
..E...bigroom...P.....I......I
..I.............I.....I______I
..I____..___..._I
.....I___I..I.I
.............X

The map looks like this one (yes, I am mad): O is the starting rooms, E the "eye", P the planisphere, X the blocked passage.

Yes, change-weapon works: press L or R while pressing SELECT.

Nobody reached or simple remember this level?! I retried it 3 times, but nothing, the door is always stuck, no switch to activate, no other doors to open, nothing at all, I also pressed all the walls, as I used to do in DooM to find all secrets... I think I'll delete this mod.

Terrible...

But... did you play this mod? Everybody seem to be happy for new mods, but do they really play them?! ...or simply look at the first level and then delete the mod to "see" something else?

Sorry, I am a bit upset... how can I be stuck on such a linear level when I can remember Descent3 maps?! :angry:

How can dreamwarbird be at the 13th level? The mod is the same :(

Anyway I just deleted it: if someone can solve the mistery for me I'll reinstall it... it is one of those mods that when you know the levels you can complete them in seconds (minutes).

Oh, anyway, thank you Thndr for your reply :)

I used the link provided here.
Perhaps I have found the same bug all the 3 times I restarted the level from the beginning. I also noticed that some blue guards that appear from teleporters sometimes stay in the hidden rooms and kill each-other or continue to growl: only the first time that I did the level they all came out. <_<

dreamwarbird posted on Mar 12 2004 at 02:14 PM said:
"rocket lunchers." Just Abit hard!
Some serious early afternoon eating.! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah all you can do is run because they are so hard you can't even hurt them. I've finished it now. And level five is ahrd can't remember how to do it though.

Back